"The dance floor is not the appropriate forum for her," according to a new report
Guess Paula Deen doesn't think slipping on dancing shoes will cure her N-word scandal blues.
The embattled chef has turned down an offer to appear on the upcoming season of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," according to an Us Weekly report.
The story appears in the Aug. 19 issue of the magazine, which hits newsstands Friday.
TheWrap's request for comment by Deen's publicist was not immediately returned.
"The dance floor is not the appropriate forum for her," a Deen source told the magazine.
"Dancing With the Stars" co-host Tom Bergeron told the publication, "We've seen career resurgences after the show." He continued, "People go, 'I remember why I love that person!'"
Deen has been fired from a number of her high profile — and high paying — gigs and endorsement deals following her admission to having used the N-word in the past. The Food Network parted ways with her earlier in the summer.
Season 17 of the ABC hit returns Sep. 16. The new cast will be announced Sep. 4 on "Good Morning America."
← Previous Story