Sylvester Stallone asks media to end speculation about cause of son's death and respect his family's privacy
The Los Angeles County Coroner's office said Sunday that it may take as long as two months before it will not know the cause of death for Sage Stallone, CNN reports.
A spokesman for the office did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Sage Stallone, the 36-year-old son of "Rambo" and "Rocky" star Sylvester Stallone, was found dead at his apartment in Los Angeles Friday. He is best known for his appearances in two of his father's films, "Rocky V" (1990) and "Daylight" (1996).
An autopsy has been completed, CNN reports, but the coroner is still waiting for the results of toxicology tests.
In the meantime, Sylvester Stallone released a statement to TMZ Monday asking for the media to respect his family's privacy and stop engaging in speculative reporting.
"When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain," Sylvester Stallone's statement reads. "Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha."
"Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace," he added.
Over the weekend, TMZ's reporting and that of other outlets questioned Sage Stallone's mental and physical state in the period leading up to his death and his relationship with drugs and alcohol.
Those reports contradict statements made by those close to Sage Stallone.
After the actor's body was found, Sylvester Stallone's attorney, George Braunstein, told the New York Post that the younger Stallone had been "in good spirits" recently. He also implied that Sage Stallone had no history of alcohol abuse.
← Previous Story