A fifth accuser levies charges against the former "Sesame Street" star
A fifth accuser has come forward with underage sex charges against “Sesame Street’s” former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.
According to documents filed in New York’s U.S. District Court on Tuesday, plaintiff Kevin Kiadii claims Clash had sex with him in 2004 when he was just 16 and the defendant was then employed on “Sesame Street.”
Kiadii charges that he met Clash on a telephone chat line, was picked up by a car service and brought to the puppeteer’s Manhattan home. Once there, the plaintiff accuses Clash of serving him alcohol before engaging in sexual intercourse.
The complaint says that as a result of the encounter, Kiadii “suffered severe injuries, including but not limited to mental, psychological and emotional trauma. These injuries are continuing and permanent nature.
The plaintiff is asking the court for a judgment against Clash for possible damages “without limitation, actual and compensatory damages, costs of suit, and attorneys’ fees, and such other and further relief as this Court deems just and proper.”
The court papers further charge that Clash used this telephone chat line to pick up numerous other young boys.
“The allegations in this lawsuit follow the same pattern we’ve seen before,” Jeff Herman, the attorney who represents the five men in sexual abuse lawsuits against Clash, says.
“Each of these victims alleges that Kevin Clash was a father figure who groomed them with attention before engaging them in sexual contact. By coming forward and standing up for his 16-year-old self, Kevin Kiadii has taken the first step in his healing process."
Clash, 52, resigned from his job as an executive producer and puppeteer after 28 years with “Sesame Street” in November of last year after a second accuser stepped forward with underage sex claims against him. A fourth accuser stepped forward last December.
TheWrap is awaiting comment from Clash's reps.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.
← Previous Story