Brooke-Burke Charvet isn’t returning for the upcoming 18th season of ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars.”
A co-host of the dancing competition since Season 10, Burke-Charvet was informed she had been fired on Friday.
“weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS… ME,” she tweeted. “@Tom_Bergeron didn’t even read my name. I won’t be returning to the show this season.”
“Dancing With the Stars” executive producer Conrad Green released the following statement on Burke-Charvet’s “elimination.”
“We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She’s been a wonderful part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We’d like to thank Brooke for her years of great service.”
According to a report from E!Online, Burke-Charvet had no idea she was in danger of being fired when producers told her on Friday afternoon.
“I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture,” she told the site in a statement.
She continued, “I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake.”
Over the past few seasons, the celebrity dancing competition has experienced a decrease in viewership. Last November, “Dancing With the Stars” had its lowest season finale ever, earning a 2.4 rating — down 20 percent from last fall’s finale — and 12.8 million viewers.
Before joining “Dancing With the Stars” in 2008, Burke-Charvet served as a correspondent and hosted several series and specials at E!, most notably the travel series “Wild On…” She has also made guest appearances on NBC’s “Las Vegas,” Fox’s “The Bernie Mac Show” and USA Network’s “Monk,” among others.
“Dancing with the Stars” returns Monday, March 17 at 8/7c for its 18th season.