The conservative pundit’s protest of the #BringBackOurGirls movement backfired in the best way possible
Ann Coulter tried to make a funny on Sunday, but inadvertently gave funnier people the opportunity to make her the butt of her own joke.
The Twitter fun began after the conservative pundit and author tweeted a picture of herself holding a sign reading “#BringBackOurCountry,” which was a jab at the #BringBackOurGirls movement thousands have been participating in to raise awareness for 230 school girls kidnapped by terrorists in Nigeria.
Another Twitter user then uploaded “a blank version of Ann Coulter holding a sign,” and invited the world to make funnies of their own at Coulter’s expense.
Take a look at Coulter’s mockery of hashtag activism, below, then see the kind of mockery that followed:
My hashtag contribution to world affairs … pic.twitter.com/Wkb8ozYZFC
– Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) May 12, 2014
– Ring of Fire Radio (@ringoffireradio) May 12, 2014
– Sarah Meyer (@sarahjeanious) May 12, 2014
– bossy (@BhasChat) May 12, 2014
i’m with ann pic.twitter.com/NOm1HoQv4V
– Markus J (@MarkusJ) May 12, 2014
– Zaid Shahid. (@Tigershah26) May 12, 2014
– Magnum PI Evangelist (@ADumbFlowers) May 12, 2014
– Dr Tedford (@Dj_Toaster) May 12, 2014