A new person will be celebrated each day during Black History Month
BET Networks and ICON MANN are partnering to celebrate the positive impact of black men domestically and across the globe with upcoming vignette series, “28 Men of Change.”
The Black History Month initiative will share the journeys of 28 contemporary philanthropic trailblazers, the network said Monday.
Beginning on Feb. 1, 2014, BET Networks will feature the personal story of one of the “28 Men of Change” with a two-minute vignette airing on BET and Centric.
Here is a limited list of honorees, in alphabetical order:
1. Lonnie Bunch III, Founding Director of the National Museum of African American History and Culture
2. Nick Cannon, TV Host, Writer, Director, Executive Producer and Philanthropist
3. Lee Daniels, Film Producer and Oscar-Nominated Director
4. Kasseem ‘Swizz Beatz’ Dean, Grammy Award-Winning Record Producer, Composer and Philanthropist
5. Dr. Courtney Hollowell, Cook County Hospital Chairman of the Division of Urology
6. Nyjah Huston, Professional Street Skateboarder
7. Charles Jenkins, Pastor of the Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church
8. Ron Kirk, Sr. Council of Gibson Dunn and Former U.S. Trade Representative
9. Edward Lewis, Co-founder of Essence Magazine and Latina Magazine
10. Ndaba Mandela, Chairman, Africa Rising Foundation
11. Leland Melvin, NASA Astronaut
12. Dr. Steve Perry, Founder and Principal, Capital Preparatory Magnet School
13. Nile Rodgers, Musician, Producer, Composer and Philanthropist
14. Dr. Robert Ross, President and CEO, The California Endowment
15. Marcus Samuelsson, Chef and UNICEF Ambassador
16. Gary Simmons, Artist
17. Forest Whitaker, Actor, Producer and Director
The remaining honorees will be revealed each day during February 2014.