Bill O’Reilly’s Book Publisher Says It’s Sticking by Him Despite Sexual Harassment Scandal (Exclusive)

“Our plans have not changed,” a spokeswoman for Henry Holt tells TheWrap

Bill O’Reilly’s latest book, “Old School: Life in the Sane Lane,” debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list earlier this month, and publisher Henry Holt and Co. says it has no plans to drop the embattled TV pundit, despite multiple sexual harassment claims against him that led to his ouster from Fox News after more than two decades.

“Our plans have not changed,” a Henry Holt spokeswoman told TheWrap via email. The company did not respond to followup questions about whether or how the controversy might impact plans for personal appearances to promote the book, which officially landed on March 28.

In addition, the publisher has scheduled a September 19 release for the latest, as-yet untitled book in his nonfiction “Killing” series with co-author Martin Dugard, according to USA Today.

“Old School,” which O’Reilly ironically dubbed  “a defense of  traditional values versus ‘snowflakes,'” was released just days before the New York Times bombshell report which claimed that Fox News and the TV veteran had ponied up $13 million to settle sexual harassment claims filed by five women.

O’Reilly is a prolific book writer. In the last seven months he’s published three books. His books on John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln and Jesus Christ sold millions of copies and were turned into successful movies.

But his ouster from Fox News could have a detrimental effect on his career as an author, according to Hollywood crisis expert and founder of Fifteen Minutes Public Relations, Howard Bragman.

“The show is the engine of the train that is his brand,” Bragman said. “Once you shut down the engine, it could derail the whole thing.”

On Wednesday, Fox News announced that O’Reilly would not be returning to air when he concludes a planned vacation next week but would be replaced in his time slot by Tucker Carlson.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” the company said in a statement.

The decision comes amid sexual harassment allegations that have resulted in dozens of advertisers cutting ties with “The O’Reilly Factor.”