Notorious red-carpet prankster was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor battery following “Maleficent” premiere stunt
Vitalii Sediuk, the red carpet prankster who allegedly attacked Brad Pitt during a premiere for “Maleficent” on Wednesday night, has had an emergency protective order filed against him, and is currently still in custody, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department told TheWrap on Thursday.
Sediuk, 25, was initially booked on suspicion of misdemeanor battery in lieu of $20,000 bail, after allegedly jumping the barricade at the El Capitan theater and making physical contact with the actor.
The Ukrainian reporter has had a reputation of making a spectacle of himself at red carpet events. Prior to Wednesday night’s incident, he stuck his head under actress America Ferrera‘s dress at the Cannes premiere of “How to Train Your Dragon 2” on May 16.
The emergency protective order will be in place for 30 days, after which it will be up to Pitt to file for a permanent restraining order, the police department spokesman said.
In addition to the Pitt spectacle and the Ferrera stunt, Sediuk (pictured at left) made headlines when he was slapped by Will Smith in 2012 after attempting to kiss the actor on the lips. Earlier this year, at separate events, he charged at actors Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio, dropping to his knees and hugging them around their waists.
Sediuk is facing more than just legal woes stemming from the Wednesday incident; according to RumorFix, he’s been dropped by his publicist, who said that Sediuk has also been let go by his outlet, Studio 1+1.