Oscar-winning actress cites “unforeseen personal reasons” in wake of In Touch claims about Jesse James
In the wake of an In Touch Weekly report claiming Sandra Bullock’s husband Jesse James had an 11-month affair with another woman, Warner Bros. has cancelled next week’s U.K. premiere of “The Blind Side.”
“Due to unforeseen personal reasons a trip abroad to support ‘The Blind Side’ has been deemed impossible at this time,” Bullock said in a statement released by the studio Wednesday. “I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued support of the film.”
The premiere had been scheduled for March 23.
“Because Sandra isn’t coming any more, there isn’t going to be an actual premiere,” a Warner Brothers spokesperson told PRInside.com. “She isn’t coming over, no. I don’t know the reason why. We just had the message relayed to us this morning.”
According to HollywoodLife.com, James — Bullock’s husband of five years — deactivated his Twitter account on Wednesday.
Michelle McGee, a tattoo model, told In Touch that she and James carried on an 11-month affair that started while Bullock was filming “The Blind Side” in Atlanta.
James was with Bullock at the Oscars on March 7, where she won her first Academy Award.
McGee claims James told her that Bullock kept a house in Austin and did not live with him. She said they were together watching the MTV Movie Awards in June, where Bullock won an award for “The Blind Side.”
James has three children from two previous marriages – one to a porn star Janine Lindemulder.