Former Disney executive David Neuman vigorously denies accusations that he raped an underage young man
Former Disney executive David Neuman vigorously denied accusations that he raped a 15-year-old boy in the 1990s in an exclusive statement to TheWrap on Friday, calling the allegations “monstrous, utter and outrageous fiction.”
“My client David Neuman categorically and unequivocally rejects the allegations in Mike Egan's complaint, which are monstrous, utter and outrageous fiction,” said attorney Patricia Glaser.
“Mr. Neuman was never on any private jet trip to Hawaii, with Mike Egan or anyone else in 1999, and in fact was not in Hawaii that year at all. It should be noted that Mike Egan made similar allegations against others in a lawsuit that he filed in 2000 and he chose not to sue Mr. Neuman.”
Her statement continued: “We intend to fight these vicious allegations, and are confident that our client will be vindicated, especially considering that David Neuman has never engaged in any inappropriate sexual or other activity or committed any of the alleged misconduct with Mike Egan.”
“Furthermore, we have irrefutable evidence, including statements from Mike Egan himself, which demonstrate that the allegations are false.”
Two lawsuits filed by lawyer Jeff Herman in U.S. District Court in Hawaii build a picture of an alleged Hollywood sex ring targeting underage boys, of which Egan says he was a victim in the late 1990s.
Herman named Neuman, TV executive Garth Ancier and theater producer Gary Goddard (above) during a news conference Monday afternoon at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.
Neuman is currently a producer of film and television shows at Blackrock productions. He previously served as the president of programming at the now-defunct Current Media cable news network and before that was a chief programming officer at CNN.
Neuman is also the former president of Walt Disney Television and was a vice president of comedy development at NBC.
Neuman is accused of abusing Egan starting at the age of 15 in California and Hawaii and promising to further Egan's career. The lawsuit stated:
Defendant Neuman often told Plaintiff that he would find a role for him in television shows, and that he would use his connections to further Plaintiff's acting career.
Defendant Neuman sexually assaulted Plaintiff on numerous occasions at the M & C Estate during the one to two year time period preceding the trips to Hawaii … Those unwanted sexual acts included sodomy, oral copulation, and fondling of genitals. Plaintiff was approximately 15 years old when Defendant Neuman began sexually abusing and exploiting him in California.