140-character or less reviews were good, bad, and somewhere in between
“Downton Abbey” Season 4 concluded with a royal letter scandal, a budding romance, and Paul Giamatti. So was it good enough for loyal fans?
No, of course not. But with no clear consensus on Sunday's finale, the reactions are mixed, at best.
While a number of fans took to Twitter to express their unwavering love for the BBC series, others vented their frustrations with it, or simply wished it could have been just a little bit more satisfying.
Here's a sampling of the good, the bad, and the mediocre reviews in 140 characters or less.
– Calamity Jane (@Callie_Callie) February 24, 2014
– Bring Chivalry Back (@YesToChivalry) February 24, 2014
Damn you #DowntonAbbey season finale. That was the sweetest ending. You made me cry. Yes, holding hands is lovely.
– Christina E. Mitchel (@CEMistry101) February 24, 2014
That scene between Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes on last night's #DowntonAbbey is one of my favorite moments.
– Allyson Koerner (@AllysonKoerner) February 24, 2014
Enjoyed watching the “Downton's 11” heist episode last night. I'm going to miss those sharp-tongued Brits. #DowntonAbbey
– Brad Barton (@BradBarton72) February 24, 2014
I wish #DowntonAbbey would return sooner, like tomorrow…
– suzan189 (@suzan189) February 24, 2014
– Lady Lemonade (@SerenaPalumbo) February 24, 2014
“Your niece is a flapper, accept it!” Haha Keep it comin #DowntonAbbey
– Abby Burnett (@Abelina3) February 24, 2014
Alas, #DowntonAbbey has jumped the shark and landed in the shallow waters of irrelevant silliness!
– MaryAnne Lyons (@MsDemeanor123) February 24, 2014
Season 4 was the Quantum of Solace of Downton Abbeys. We'll all pretend none of that happened. Since face it it barely did.#DowntonAbbey
– Christopher Kelly (@Wenure) February 24, 2014
I think I'm officially over #DowntonAbbey. One too many episodes about a stain on master's pocket square.
– Jason Nelson (@Fozziebare) February 24, 2014
I kept nodding off during the #DowntonAbbey finale because the letter scandal was so long and boring.
– Dianna Jason (@DeeJason) February 24, 2014
Anybody else deeply disappointed in #DowntonAbbey ? It's a bad soap opera now! The Barrow plot line is a lotta nuthin
– Rose Spinelli (@TCFrose) February 24, 2014
I thought last night's #DowntonAbbey was anticlimactic. Maybe I'm used to horrible things happening on that show!
– Jennifer Marie (@jennifur0902) February 24, 2014
“I sometimes feel we should make more scenes about things that really matter to us” Edith described this entire season of #DowntonAbbey
– Meg Haas (@meggh11) February 24, 2014
So, did you watch the #DowntonAbbey season finale last night? Am I the only one that was slightly disappointed in it?
– Kelly (@stitchnmomma) February 24, 2014
– lorie (@TNSFsk) February 24, 2014
A little sad today that #DowntonAbbey is over for the year. I still love it, but I was also hoping for a better cliffhanger. Anyone agree?
– Christina Wetzel (@dubyamarie) February 24, 2014
– J Matthew Melton (@Meldenius) February 24, 2014