‘Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This Month

'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This Month

Production had been delayed following star Paul Walker's death in November

“Fast & Furious 7” is shifting back into production later this month, Universal told TheWrap.

The studio said production, delayed since star Paul Walker‘s death in a car crash last November, will resume March 31.

The franchise's star, Vin Diesel, telegraphed that it was near Tuesday in a Facebook post.

“The transition into that Dom state of mind has always been an interesting one,” he wrote. “Only this time there is added purpose, a collective goal to make this the best one in the series… P.s. The long awaited completion of Seven, begins…”

See video: Vin Diesel Shares 18 Minutes of Paul Walker Behind-the-Scenes Footage on Facebook (Video)

Production on the seventh installment of the long-running vehicular action series has been delayed since Walker's death in a fiery car crash. Production was more than half-completed at the time of the accident, and was slated to go to Abu Dhabi to continue filming.

Also read: Vin Diesel Reacts to Paul Walker's Death: ‘I Will Always Love You’

Universal canceled what were supposed to be the final days of production to allow the cast and crew to grieve, as well as to figure out how to proceed and adjust the story in the wake of his loss. The studio, director James Wan, producer Neal Moritz and writer Chris Morgan have considered starting from scratch, as The Wrap previously reported.

The film, initially slated to be released this year, was pushed back to April 10, 2015.