The father of one of two innocent young men identified as "Bag Men" on the cover of the New York Post is looking for a lawyer, saying the paper has refused to apologize for wrongly linking his 16-year-old son to the Boston Marathon bombings.
El Houssein Barhoum told The Washington Post that his son Salah sleeps just an hour or two a night since he was featured on the April 18 Post cover, four days after the bombings. The tabloid ran a story that afternoon saying the two on its cover had been cleared.
That night, one of the actual suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed. His brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was arrested the next day.
The New York Post cover didn't say Salah Barhoum or the other man on its cover were wanted in the bombings, but the insinuation was clear when the Post reported that the federal investigators were seeking the pair. Salah Barhoum went to police to clear his name.
“A lot of people, they tell me that’s your right to sue them,” Barhoum told the Washington Post. “I will give him my case and he will study it.”