NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the continental United States and Washington, DC (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed to enter this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Other restrictions apply.
- TO ENTER To enter for a chance to win the “2015 FOX Emmy After Party Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”), fill out the entry form at http://www.thewrap.com/fox-sweepstakes/ and click “submit”. You may enter the Sweepstakes once. Sweepstakes begins on August 7, 2015 at 6AM PT/9AM EST and ends on September 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM PT. The computer of the TheWrap News, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Entries must be received by September 4, 2015 at 6PM PT/9PM EST. No purchase necessary. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To enter, fill out the entry form (name/email/phone number) to subscribe to TheWrap’s First Take e-newsletter at http://www.thewrap.com/fox-sweepstakes/ and click submit.
- PRIZE One winner (“Winner”) will win a trip to the 2015 FOX Emmy After Party in Los Angeles, CA (the “Prize”) consisting of: (i) one (1) roundtrip coach class airfare for Winner & guest (guest must also be at least 21 years of age) from a major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights closest to Winner’s permanent residence (or in FOX’s sole discretion, $500 in lieu of air travel if Winner lives within a 200 mile radius of Los Angeles) to a Los Angeles area airport; (ii) 4 days / 3 nights hotel accommodations for Winner and guest at a hotel selected by FOX (one room, double occupancy, room & room tax only); (iii) ground transportation to/from airport and hotel (if applicable) and to/from hotel to Event (if applicable as defined below); (iv) two (2) tickets to the 2015 FOX Emmy After Party currently scheduled to take place on September 20, 2015 (event dates subject to change), the exact time and location to be determined in FOX’s sole discretion (the “Event”), and a possible opportunity for Winner and guest to walk the red carpet at the Event, subject to availability as determined by FOX in its sole discretion; and (v) $250 in spending money for the Winner. Approximate retail value of the Prize: $3,500. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Travel must be round trip. FOX will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. FOX reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any part of the trip or prize experience, including any flight or the Event. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the FOX’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Winner and guest are subject to all the rules and restrictions at the Prize venue(s) and may be required to sign additional releases and provide other documents. Winner and guest must consent to background checks, which may include, but are not limited to, investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction records, and any other factor deemed relevant by FOX, in its sole discretion, which may preclude the Winner and/or guest from being approved to attend either the Event and/or any and all associated activities. In the event the Winner and/or guest engages in behavior that (as determined by FOX in its sole discretion) is obnoxious, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person during the trip or prize experience, FOX reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Winner and/or guest home with no further compensation. Admission to the Event has no associated cash value and if the Event is cancelled or postponed, or if the Winner is barred from attendance based on the results of his or her background check, applicable portions of the prize will be cancelled without substitution or compensation. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by FOX in its sole discretion. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND FOX HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Travel dates are currently scheduled for September 19, 2015 to September 22, 2015 and are subject to change in FOX’s sole discretion. If Winner is not able to travel on these dates or, for any other reason, to attend the Event, Winner will forfeit the prize package, and an alternate Winner may be selected.
All additional expenses associated with the Prize including but not limited to incidentals, meals, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the Winner, unless otherwise set forth in the Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the forty-eight contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) who are at least 21 years old. Employees of Sponsor, Fox Broadcasting Company (“FOX”), Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., and their families and those living in the same household of such person are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws apply. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the Winner will be deemed the person in whose name the e-mail account associated with the provided e-mail address was opened.
- DRAWINGS/ODDS A drawing will be held on September 5, 2015. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Many will enter, only one (1) will win. Potential Winners must sign any required Winner’s Affidavit and Release, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 5 days of the attempted delivery (or such shorter time as exigencies may require) or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Winners will be notified on or about September 5, 2015. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted. All taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and FOX, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use Winner’s name and likeness for advertising/trade purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Because of the unique nature and scope of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and FOX reserve the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any dates or deadlines set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TheWrap News, Inc., whose address is 2260 South Centinela Ave, Suite 150, Los Angeles, California 90064.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASESSweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and abiding by the decisions of Sponsor and FOX, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that he/she may win, each entrant agrees to release the Sponsor and FOX Broadcasting, Fox Networks Group, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, LLC, Fox Television Group, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., 28 Awards Productions, Inc., the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions, the producers and sponsors of any and all FOX programs, and each of their advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Each entrant authorizes the Released Parties to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a Winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in a Released Party’s sole and unlimited discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, release forms, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; (vi) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the Winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor’s representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated for Force Majeure before the designated Sweepstakes end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select a Winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- INDEMNITY Winner and his/her guest shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (i) Winner’s or guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the Prize; (ii) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of Winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (iii) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- DISPUTES This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Win A Free Trip to the FOX Emmy After Party List/Rules, c/o TheWrap News, Inc. 2260 South Centinela Ave, Suite 150, Los Angeles, California 90064. Requests for the name of the Winner must be received no later than September 30, 2015.