The 56th Annual Grammy Awards generated 28.5 million viewers for CBS on Sunday, and also set social media abuzz, despite airing tape-delayed on the west coast.
On social media giant Facebook, Music’s Biggest Night garnered 13.5 million related interactions from 6.3 million users. With a near four-hour telecast, the Grammys were not short on available moments for social media users.
The night’s most social one on Facebook was Queen Latifah presiding over 33 same-and-opposite-sex Staples Center nuptials as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performed their song “Same Love.” Madonna joined the Best New Artist-winners on stage, combining their tune with her own “Open Your Heart.”
See photos: 19 Best & Worst Moments From the Grammy Awards
The touching event would not be Macklemore & Ryan Lewis‘ only nod in Facebook’s Top 5.
Here are the Top 5 Social Moments on Facebook from the 2014 Grammy Awards:
1. Queen Latifah presides over weddings while Macklemore and Madonna perform “Same Love / Open Your Heart”
2. Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons perform “Radioactive / M.A.A.D City”
3. Metallica and Lang Lang perform “One”
4. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis win Best New Artist
5. Beyonce and Jay Z open the show