But shock jock sounds off on Leno, Ebersol
He’s on Team Coco in spirit, but it looks like Howard Stern won’t be going on the "Tonight Show" this week.
Stern told listeners of his Sirius Satellite radio show Tuesday that he won’t be one of Conan O’Brien’s final guests after all.
The shock jock fueled speculation last week when he said he had been asked to appear on the show’s final week, and was mulling the offer.
On Tuesday, Stern said he doesn’t want to fly to Los Angeles. If Conan were still in New York, Stern said, he’d definitely be a guest.
Later, however, he expressed doubts that Conan’s camp would want him on the show this week anyway, if rumors of an imposed “gag order” prove true.
Probably a good idea.
After a familiar rant about Jay Leno stealing his bits, Stern turned his attention to Dick Ebersol.
"What a dick this guy is,” Stern said. “What a c—sucker."
“This is what executives do,” he continued. “They are c—sucking f—s"
And, paraphrasing here: “Didn’t Dick Ebersol lose a child in a plane crash? For a guy who has been through tragedy, he shouldn’t humiliate Conan O'Brien. Why does he have to be such a c—? … I really should do the ‘Tonight Show’ … that Conan doesn’t know how to rip these guys a new a–hole"
Stern added that fellow Sirius host Rosie O’Donnell offered to appear on the “Tonight Show” with him. “I think I’ll get out there and they’ll lock the doors and won’t let [us] in."