Singer says that reports she had bowed out of the event were “premature”
UPDATE, June 11 10:23 a.m.: As it turns out, there is room for J.Lo at the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil.
“I'm coming. I leave tonight. We always were going,” the singer and “American Idol” judge said. “I think people get anxious, especially with me and my schedule when I'm like, ‘Ah, OK, I can leave this day, that day, I don't know if we can make it.'”
Lopez went on to call the previous reports “premature.”
“People get nervous and I think it was a little bit premature to announce anything,” Lopez noted. “But we are definitely going.”
If you were hoping to watch Jennifer Lopez perform in Thursday's World Cup opening ceremony, you're out of luck.
FIFA officials announced Sunday in a statement to the Associated Press that Lopez has withdrawn from the festivities, and will not perform the official song “We Are One” with rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, as previously announced.
Soccer's governing body blamed unspecified “production issues” for Lopez's withdrawal from the opening ceremony.
In January, FIFA announced JLo would be joining Pitbull and Leitte on stage.
“We Are One” was written and co-produced by Pitbull, and features Lopez and Leitte, who sings part of it in her native Portuguese.
A call to JLo's rep was not immediately returned.
Watch the “We Are One” video below: