VP of Business Development & Strategy, TheWrap
If you are a creative and entrepreneurial business strategist with a demonstrated track record of driving partnerships across all platforms come join our team at TheWrap News! We are seeking an experienced Business Development lead to identify and direct relationships with partners that will create revenue and strategic value across all our platforms. TheWrap’s award-winning, industry-leading content is currently distributed digitally, in print and via our events business. You will be responsible for managing partnerships that help accelerate our growth and provide value for our users, clients and partners. If you are a tenacious and diligent self-starter with 5 or more years of experience in digital media business development who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment we’d love to talk to you.
- Lead TheWrap News’ business development and partnership efforts in a variety of spaces, including digital products, content syndication, print and event partnerships.
- Identify, develop and execute on new initiatives that drive revenue and strategic value for TheWrap.
- Develop close relationships with editorial, ad sales, marketing, and event teams across TheWrap to understand, assess, and communicate priorities and opportunities.
- Assess digital trends and provide industry updates and landscape overview to TheWrap’s CEO and management team
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in digital media at a media company, digital platform, or another entity
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills; comfortable interacting with all management levels
- Exceptional and rigorous modeling, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills, with a background in consulting a definite plus;
- Strong influence and relationship management skills;
- Proven experience in identifying, developing and launching new businesses and partnerships
- MBA preferred; professional services experience (banking, consulting, or law) a plus
SEND RESUME TO JOBS@TheWrap.com
VP of Finance/Accounting & Business Operations, TheWrap
If you are an energetic, analytical, and detail-oriented person who is able to take the initiative in pressing situations and perform multiple roles within an organization, then join our team at TheWrap News! We are seeking an experienced Corporate Finance/Business Operations leader to manage finance and accounting and general office management and human resources. You will be responsible for the management of all finance, budgeting, and accounting processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Profit & Loss statements, budgets, financial reporting, benefits administration and other general office management tasks. If you are a tenacious and diligent self-starter with 5 or more years of experience in corporate finance and/or accounting, like the fast paced environment of an internet based company, then the role of VP of Finance/Accounting and Office Management with TheWrap News may be right for you!
As VP of Finance/Accounting, you will report to the CEO.
Responsibilities Of The VP of Finance/Accounting and Business Operations Include:
Finance & Accounting:
- Provide all finance, financial performance, budget and accounting support
- Development of policies, procedures and internal controls that ensure compliance with best practices and industry standards
- Transition all finance and accounting functions from outsourced to in-house
- Accurate reporting of financial results
- Developing yearly budgets and maintaining financial models/ spreadsheets as requested by the Executive Management team
- Analyzing variances in budget and actual P&L reports
- Analyzing revenue by product type and category
- Lead the billing process to ensure invoicing is both timely and accurate
- Managing the collections process while recording and tracking client payments
- Tracking billing receipts by period and maintaining associated sales commission reports
- Managing the vendor/supplier payables process
- Obtaining invoice approval and processing approved invoices for payment
- Performing year-end close procedures and issuing 1099s to vendors/ suppliers
- Responding to all vendor inquiries
- Acting as the initial point-of-contact for all HR related matters
- Maintaining employee records, employee vacation and sick time
- Tracking and submitting payroll and approved payroll edits in a timely fashion
- Archiving payrolls at the end of each cycle
- Interpreting policies and procedures and communicating them to all employees both proactively and in response to inquiries
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
SEND RESUME TO JOBS@TheWrap.com
Film Biz Reporter, TheWrap
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a film biz reporter. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of film. Ability to pick up the phone and build sources is essential. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Two to three years of reporting experience is preferred, some reporting and writing experience required. Position is based in Los Angeles. Submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Managing Editor, TheWrap
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a managing editor for its Los Angeles news bureau. The candidate must be highly competitive, organized, energetic and possess the ability to multi-task in a high pressure breaking news environment. Possess top-notch news judgment and story assigning ability. The position reports directly to the executive editor and individual will work extremely close with both the EE and Editor in Chief of the site.
- 5 or more years in a senior editorial position for a digital breaking entertainment news site, preferably with a business bent
- Highly competitive with proven track record for driving traffic and picking news story web hits
- 24/7 news obsessive by nature, understanding the news cycle never sleeps
- Ability to remain extremely calm in high-pressure newsroom
- Experience with mentoring and growing green journalists
- Social media savvy, as well as somewhat versed on emerging web technologies including but not limited to publishing platforms, video tools and social media tools
- Strong Rolodex of entertainment contacts in TV, film, media and beyond
- At least 5 years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Past experience with managing mid-large scale editorial teams
- Top notch line editing and copy editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Passionate about Hollywood industry news and its players
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as Drupal, WordPress
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
News Editor, TheWrap
We are looking for an experienced, digitally savvy news editor with more than a passing knowledge of the world of entertainment. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment news coverage and thrives on breaking news and the energy of the newsroom. Must be a team player and comfortable with using social media. Wire service experience most welcome, solid news judgement a must. Three to five years experience required. Send resumes to email@example.com
Editorial Intern, The Wrap
The Wrap is looking for interns for the spring semester to work in our fast-paced newsroom. You will work with The Wrap staff in tracking what films and TV shows are in development, writing up stories, building photo galleries, and much more. Ideal candidates should have strong writing skills and a background in journalism, communications, or a related field. Similarly, you must have a positive, ”no job is too small” attitude. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples. If you do not currently have any samples, pick 2-3 recent entertainment news items and write up a 250-500 word piece for each of them. *Applications without writing samples will not be considered* Please submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
*This is an unpaid internship for school credit/experience only