Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a news editor for its Los Angeles newsroom. The news editor would join our edit desk and be expected to edit and assign copy as well as to write stories for the site, leaping on breaking stories in the media and entertainment news space — and looping in editors and staffers on major news events.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment. Wire service experience most welcome.
- At least 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Passion for Hollywood industry news and its players
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
Please submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Operations, TheWrap
TheWrap are seeking a detail oriented, versatile and fun individual to serve within the AdOps/Sales department at TheWrap. The primary function of this role will be to manage all digital advertising campaigns.
- Screen and test submitted rich media creative to ensure compliance with site and technical specifications.
- Assess/verify targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
- QA ad functionality for site redesigns, migrations, and new products on desktop and mobile platforms. Report and track issues and follow through to resolution. Work creatively with development team to find innovative solutions.
- Prepare RFP’s and enter insertion orders
- Manage digital inventory and provide avails
- Upload, target and monitor online ad campaigns
- Provide screenshots and support to clients for live campaigns
- Provide delivery reporting for campaigns
- Work closely with our accountant to generate invoices
- Work closely with IT to develop new ad units/controls
- Work closely with the Sales team to create and execute orders
- Deep understanding of web architecture and online advertising processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years ad ops experience
- Experience with DFP
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytic skills
- Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with basic office applications such as Excel & PowerPoint
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to email@example.com