Account Executive – Advertising Sales
TheWrap is seeking an ambitious, quick learning, and comprehensive seller to join the advertising department as an Account Executive located in West Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, excellent communication skills, a client-focused mentality, strong work ethic, and an ability to balance a large number of tasks in a fast paced environment. As TheWrap is a less than 50 employee company, this candidate must be flexible and willing to wear many hats and perform non-job specific tasks.
The Account Executive is responsible for cultivating new business while selling to existing clients. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of media sales and brand strategy required to cross-sell TheWrap’s platform including digital, print, event sponsorships, and custom activations. This is a sales position, not an account management position. Cold calling and in-person prospecting is expected. We look for someone who provides excellent service in order to develop long term relationships with their accounts.
- Achieve sales, revenue, market share and profit goals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, activities, and negotiations to maximize advertising revenue.
- Close sales by prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, developing effective proposals, negotiating terms, documenting activity and thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain relationships by cultivating positive working relationships with clients and agencies, aligning client sales strategies with strategic marketing positions, and successfully partnering with clients to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Stay up-to-date on competitive activity within the entertainment trade and consumer publications.
- Understand The Wrap’s product portfolio to provide client deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
- 3-5 years of digital sales experience, media related preferable.
- Established relationships within entertainment industry, media agencies, and networks a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and trends impacting business
- Ability to work effectively with complementary divisions in other locations
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong strategic and consultative selling skills
- In-depth knowledge digital advertising and the entertainment industry
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
TheWrap offers competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and benefits that include medical and dental.
Qualified candidates should submit resume for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TheWrap is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity.
The Wrap News Inc., founded by award-winning journalist Sharon Waxman in 2009, is the leading digital news organization covering the business of entertainment and media.
TheWrap was nominated as the Best Entertainment website in 2012 and named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 at the National Entertainment Journalism Awards by the Los Angeles Press Club. It has won many other awards for investigative reporting, columns, criticism and feature writing. TheWrap was named one of the “100 Most Important Online Publishers” in 2010 by OMMA, the magazine of online media, marketing and advertising.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TV Editor, TheWrap
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a TV Editor for its Los Angeles news bureau. The candidate must be highly competitive, organized, energetic and possess the ability to multi-task in a high pressure breaking news environment. Possess top-notch TV news judgment and story assigning ability. The position reports directly to the executive editor.
- 5 or more years in a senior editorial position for a digital breaking entertainment news site, preferably with a business bent
- Strong Rolodex and relationships within the TV industry
- Ability to break TV scoops or generate tips for TV reporters to chase
- Highly competitive with proven track record for driving TV section traffic and picking news story web hits
- 24/7 news obsessive by nature, understanding the news cycle never sleeps
- Ability to remain extremely calm in high-pressure newsroom
- Experience with mentoring and growing green journalists
- Social media savvy, as well as somewhat versed on emerging web technologies including but not limited to publishing platforms, video tools and social media tools
- At least 5 years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Past experience with managing mid-large scale editorial teams
- Top notch line editing and copy editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Passionate about Hollywood industry news and its players
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as Drupal, WordPress
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
Submit clips and a resume to email@example.com
Film Biz Reporter, TheWrap
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap has an opening for a film biz reporter. We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy reporter who is passionate about the business of film. Ability to pick up the phone and build sources is essential. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment industry coverage. Two to three years of reporting experience is preferred, some reporting and writing experience required. Position is based in Los Angeles.
Submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to email@example.com
News Editor, TheWrap
We are looking for an experienced, digitally savvy news editor with more than a passing knowledge of the world of entertainment. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fast-paced, highly competitive world of online entertainment news coverage and thrives on breaking news and the energy of the newsroom. Must be a team player and comfortable with using social media. Wire service experience most welcome, solid news judgement a must. Three to five years experience required.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org