Assistant Art Director:
Entry-level position with opportunity to grow quickly within organization.
Location: West Los Angeles, CA.
If you are creative and detail oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, come join our team at TheWrap News! We are seeking an Assistant Art Director with an emphasis in entertainment. TheWrap is the essential voice of entertainment breaking news with content distribution across multiple platforms including digital, video, social, print, and events. This position will be responsible for assisting with vital creative projects. This position will work closely with creative director, sales, events and marketing and touch various departments within the company. If you are organized, inventive, self-motivated and ready to work in digital entertainment then we would love to talk to you.
- Assist in the creation of sales collateral, decks, graphics, media kits and house ads used by the advertising sales and creative teams.
- Assist with photoshoots
- Assist in magazine production (digital and print)
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with the team.
- Assist in preflighting and QAing of Ads (digital and print)
- Assist in pre-press and press checks
- Assist and support Creative Director in project management
- Organize and maintain calendars and contact list.
- Support and Contribute to creative and marketing strategy
- Maintain creative and production folders on Box and Dropbox and archiving
- Assist in various business office functions as needed.
- Support Creative Director in general administrative duties mailings, scanning, deliveries, etc.
- Ensure accurate and efficient production and evolution of content
- Assist in generation of ideas to optimize the brand’s digital experience
- Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum revenue output.
- Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap’s proprietary internal information.
- Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap.
- Flexibility handing multiple tasks within various departments.
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Graphic Design background, with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, InCopy, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Interest in working across media platforms- print, video, photo, UX
- Experience or understanding of sales, marketing, or agency preferred, but willing to make exceptions for the right candidate.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Desire to succeed
- Problem solver
- Creative thinker
- Must own/provide computer
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree desired, but will make exception for right candidate.
Skills: Adobe CC, Design, Multi Media, Microsoft Office, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Solution-Based, and Proactive. Must have excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
If interested in applying, please email email@example.com.
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a news editor for its Los Angeles newsroom. The news editor would join our edit desk and be expected to edit and assign copy as well as to write stories for the site, leaping on breaking stories in the media and entertainment news space — and looping in editors and staffers on major news events.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment. Wire service experience most welcome.
- At least 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Passion for Hollywood industry news and its players
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to crop photographs
- Social media savvy
Please submit clips and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Operations, TheWrap
TheWrap are seeking a detail oriented, versatile and fun individual to serve within the AdOps/Sales department at TheWrap. The primary function of this role will be to manage all digital advertising campaigns.
- Screen and test submitted rich media creative to ensure compliance with site and technical specifications.
- Assess/verify targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
- QA ad functionality for site redesigns, migrations, and new products on desktop and mobile platforms. Report and track issues and follow through to resolution. Work creatively with development team to find innovative solutions.
- Prepare RFP’s and enter insertion orders
- Manage digital inventory and provide avails
- Upload, target and monitor online ad campaigns
- Provide screenshots and support to clients for live campaigns
- Provide delivery reporting for campaigns
- Work closely with our accountant to generate invoices
- Work closely with IT to develop new ad units/controls
- Work closely with the Sales team to create and execute orders
- Deep understanding of web architecture and online advertising processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years ad ops experience
- Experience with DFP
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytic skills
- Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with basic office applications such as Excel & PowerPoint
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to email@example.com
Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern for its Los Angeles newsroom. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites, audience analytics tools, and technical skills. Candidates looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. You will not be grabbing coffee or making appointments. You’ll be working under experienced leadership on a fast moving team.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Influencer outreach + engagement
- Running Targeted Digital + Social Ads
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Social Listening + Finding Trends with our online listening tools
- Create engaging social media content
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Contribute with analysis of the follow: site traffic, social engagement, keywords, content verticals, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field or In Progress
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Team player and ready to learn.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org