TheWrap is looking for an experienced executive assistant to aid the founder and CEO in all elements of the company’s day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who’s interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of relevant experience and be familiar with the entertainment and media industries. They should be highly-organized and possess strong administrative skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the founder/CEO
- Managing certain office functions
- Assisting in company activities
- Scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum two years as an executive assistant
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Basic computer skills
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Amendment Reporter
TheWrap is a news site focused on the entertainment business, media and pop culture. The subjects we cover — including journalism, films, TV shows and the internet — exist because of the First Amendment. From curbs on religious freedom to threats on the news media, we believe the First Amendment is under attack.
As our First Amendment reporter, you will cover every aspect of the First Amendment in America today. You should be endlessly fascinated by this subject, and passionately committed to reporting on freedom of speech, religion, and assembly. You will write about how the First Amendment functions and is challenged in the U.S. today, writing with wit, depth and flexibility. This beat could fuel dozens of stories a day, so you’ll need strong news instincts and judgment to prioritize which ones are the most important, as well as excellent time management to balance breaking news, short dispatches and investigative pieces. You won’t always need to write fast, but you’ll have a much easier time if you can. You’ll develop a network of sources of all viewpoints, reflecting the reality that governments, corporations, activists and individuals can all prop up or undercut First Amendment freedoms. You should also be a deep thinker who will help us define this role in ways we can’t yet imagine.
This is a full-time position that includes competitive pay, health insurance and vacation. Apply to email@example.com.
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a TV Editor editor for its Los Angeles newsroom. The candidate will be competitive, organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment. The ideal candidate should also possess stellar TV news judgment and story-assigning ability. The position reports directly to the managing editors.
- 5 or more years in a senior editorial position for a digital breaking entertainment news site, preferably with a business bent
- Experience managing editorial teams, as well as mentoring and developing younger journalists
- Strong contact list built on relationships within the TV industry
- Ability to break TV scoops, write sharp analysis stories on deadline and/or generate tips for TV reporters to chase
- Knowledge of ratings and familiarity with ratings reporting
- A competitive streak with proven track record of driving TV section traffic and picking web hits on the beat
- 24/7 obsessiveness by nature, understanding that the news cycle never sleeps
- Ability to remain calm even under deadline pressure
- Top-notch line-editing and copy-editing skills
- Superior entertainment news judgment
- Proficient and speedy on a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
- Social media savvy, as well as familiarity with emerging web technologies
Information Technology Manager
Oversees the management of the company’s outsourced IT systems provider
Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical decisions related to this functional area. Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource services provider
Take lead responsibility for managing the Wrap’s office facilities, including physical plant and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a diverse set of skills;
- Progressive track record of increasing management responsibilities within prior organizations;
- Strong accounting and finance experience;
- Systems knowledge and experience including how to harness financial and operational data within an organization;
- Past experience in a start-up environment or capital markets preferred;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable in regards to QuickBooks Pro and Paychex payroll systems;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical approaches to modeling and solving problems.
The Successful Candidate Possesses The Following Characteristics:
- Energetic, professional, and positive leader who easily engages with, motivates and develops their team;
- Self-motivated, possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Flexible – capable of changing priorities to meet demands of business and product growth;
- Process improvement and best practices expertise;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Thrives in a goal oriented environment, possessing the ability to prioritize and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern for its Los Angeles newsroom. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites, audience analytics tools, and technical skills. Candidates looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. You will not be grabbing coffee or making appointments. You’ll be working under experienced leadership on a fast moving team.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Influencer outreach + engagement
- Running Targeted Digital + Social Ads
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Social Listening + Finding Trends with our online listening tools
- Create engaging social media content
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Contribute with analysis of the follow: site traffic, social engagement, keywords, content verticals, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field or In Progress
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Team player and ready to learn.
Send resume to email@example.com