The bad news for Mark Zuckerberg? He's a lot less wealthy than he was last year.
The good news for Mark Zuckerberg? He's still really, really, really wealthy.
Also read: Facebook Plunges Below IPO Price
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg took a slide on Forbes' annual Richest People in America list this year, dropping from Number 14 all the way down to Number 36, a slot he shares with Kinder Energy Morgan Partners CEO and Chairman Richard Kinder and NewsCorp. mogul Rupert Murdoch.
Zuckerberg's downgrading comes following the underwhelming IPO for his company, which saw Facebook's stock rise just 0.6 percent from its IPO price in its first day of public trading. (Days later, the stock dropped below its IPO price.)
So how big of a bath did Zuckerberg take? Last year, Zuckerberg's net worth was listed $17.5 billion, compared to $9.4 billion this year.
Which is still way, way more than you have, unless you happen to be reading this from your solid-gold laptop while sunning yourself on your private island. And at 28 years old, Zuckerberg has time to rebound from his reversal of fortune.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates maintained his position in the top spot on the list, with a net worth of $66 billion, up from last year's $59 billion.
Read the Top 10 Richest Americans below, along with their sources of wealth and net worth.
1. Bill Gates (Microsoft) $66 billion
2. Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) $46 billion
3. Larry Ellison (Oracle) $41 billion
4. Charles Koch (diversified) $31 billion
4. David Koch (diversified) $31 billion
6. Christy Walton and family (Wal-Mart) $27.9 billion
7. Jim Walton (Wal-Mart) $26.8 billion
8. Alice Walton (Wal-Mart) $26.3 billion
9. S. Robson Walton (Wal-Mart) $26.1 billion
10. Michael Bloomberg (Bloomberg LP) $25 billion