The 70-year-old news personality tweets (then deletes) weird selfie, says "70 is the new 50"
Fox New Channel correspondent and "Geraldo At Large" host Geraldo Rivera continued his strange relationship with Twitter on Sunday by posting a photo of himself apparently naked except for a very low-hanging towel and a pair of very rose-tinted sunglasses.
"70 is the new 50," he wrote. "(Erica and family are going to be so pissed…but at my age…)"
It should be noted that the photo was posted sideways. Apparently 70 is also the new 50 when it comes to social media.
It would seem that Erica, his wife, was pissed, as the photo was removed hours later.
"Note to self: no tweeting after 1am," Rivera then tweeted.
It was too late. The world had already seen Rivera's 70-year-oldness and responded, nearly unanimously in horror:
I woke up, checked my twitter, saw that @GeraldoRivera posted a nekkid pic of himself, put down my coffee, and quietly waited for Armageddon
- Rachel Figueroa (@Jewyorican) July 21, 2013
Mass this morning focused mainly on the half-naked Geraldo Rivera selfie and why God has forsaken us.
- Rex Huppke (@RexHuppke) July 21, 2013
Thanks internet, I cannot unsee Geraldo Rivera's naked selfie. So much wrong. So. Much. Wrong…
- Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) July 21, 2013
The. Horror. http://t.co/8O1gq84EML
- Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) July 21, 2013
- Jonathan Wald (@jonathanwald) July 21, 2013
But how can we photoshop the Geraldo selfie so at least we laugh to keep from crying?
- Caitlin Kelly (@atotalmonet) July 21, 2013
- Andrew Kaczynski (@BuzzFeedAndrew) July 21, 2013
Any journalist that RTs pics of Geraldo Rivera's selfie should be reported to whatever governing body is in charge of that kind of stuff.
- David Raposa (@falsebinary) July 21, 2013