Another shakeup in the executive suite of the world's largest magazine publisher
There's been another shakeup in the executive suite of the world's largest magazine publisher. John Griffin, executive vice president of Time Inc.'s news group, is leaving the company, Time Inc. said on Tuesday.
No replacement has been named. Griffin's exit comes less than three months after the abrupt exit of Jack Griffin, Time Inc.'s CEO, who had been on the job for less than five months.
The company also announced the promotion Kim Kelleher, who was named publisher of Time magazine to "worldwide publisher."
Here's the memo to employees from Howard Averill, Time Inc.'s chief financial officer and EVP, detailing the changes:
May 10, 2011
TO: News Group Colleagues
FROM: Howard Averill
RE: News Group Organizational Announcement
I am writing today to tell you that John Q. Griffin is leaving Time Inc. by mutual agreement. John joined us earlier this year as Executive Vice President of Time Inc. and President of the News Group. He has been a valued colleague, and we appreciate and thank him for the contributions he has made to the company.
As we conduct a search for a replacement, we have established the following reporting structure:
· News Group Publishers Jed Hartman, Kim Kelleher and Brendan Ripp will report to me and continue to benefit from sales strategy guidance from Chief Revenue Officer Paul Caine;
· The News Group’s President of Digital, John Cantarella, will take responsibility for LIFE.com and will report to David Geithner, SVP and Group General Manager;
· Ali Zelenko, VP of Communications and Public Relations, will report to John Huey;
· Brooke Twyford, Group Director of Operations, will report to Elissa Fishman, SVP, Finance for News and Sports groups;
· Fortune Live Media as well as Lisa Cline, Executive Director of Marketing, and her team, will report to Jed Hartman; and
· Regina Feiler, Director of the LIFE Picture Collection and the LIFE Gallery of Photography will report to Jim Jacovides, VP of Licensing & Syndication.
In addition, Kim Kelleher, who became TIME’s publisher early this year, has been promoted to Worldwide Publisher of TIME. Reporting to her will be Richard Evans, President of Time & Fortune International. For FORTUNE’s international business, Richard will continue to partner directly with Jed Hartman.
Please join me in congratulating Kim on her well-deserved promotion and wishing John all the best.
← Previous Story