The newest addition to the British royal family has a name: On Wednesday Prince William and his wife Kate revealed their son would go by the moniker George Alexander Louis.
"George" and "James" were the odds-on favorites for the name, which was expected to be traditionally regal.
That didn't stop wags from suggesting he be named "Carlos Danger," in homage to New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner's supposed sexting alias. As soon as that name surfaced Tuesday, the jokes started flying on Twitter, followed by the inevitable letdown when the heir's name was officially unveiled.
Here is just a sampling:
Obviously, #royalbaby must now be named Carlos Danger.
– Alec MacGillis (@AlecMacGillis) July 23, 2013
I guess the royal couple will have to cross "Carlos Danger" off their list of potential baby names. #anthonyweiner
– Andy Carvin (@acarvin) July 23, 2013
Who is now unlikely to be named Carlos Danger RT @KeirSimmons: William and Kate are about to leave hospital with their new baby boy…
– John Dickerson (@jdickerson) July 23, 2013
Coincidentally also Royal Baby name: RT @NYMag: Anthony Weiner is accused of having even more cyber sex under the name "Carlos Danger."
– Jay Onrait (@JayOnrait) July 23, 2013
Unfortunate that they named the royal baby "Carlos Danger."
– Miles Kahn (@mileskahn) July 23, 2013
If the royal baby had been named 'Carlos Danger' that would've made my day
– Roy Wood Jr-Fry Cook (@roywoodjr) July 24, 2013
Why didn't they name the Royal baby Carlos Danger?
– Lachlan Cartwright (@LachCartwright) July 24, 2013
We guess they decided against calling him Prince Carlos Danger of Cambridge at the last minute. #RoyalBaby
– Scott & Todd (@ScottandTodd) July 24, 2013
Me too. Thanks for the laugh!!! “@garytx: Disappointed that the royal baby wasn’t named Carlos Danger.”
– Mackenzie Kelly (@mkelly007) July 24, 2013
The royal couple announce their new baby's name — and, sadly, it's not "Carlos Danger" http://t.co/JHKC5ggFfI
– Salon.com (@Salon) July 24, 2013
R.I.P. jokes about naming the royal baby "Carlos Danger." You had a good run.
– Matt Dentler (@MattDentler) July 24, 2013