“Mr. Ancier was undeserving of the stain to his reputation caused by the plaintiff’s reckless complaint, which was grounded in lies,” his lawyer told TheWrap Wednesday
Michael Egan’s sex ring lawsuit against television executive Garth Ancier was dropped on Wednesday.
“We are pleased the case filed in Hawaii against Mr. Ancier has been dropped given it had no merit whatsoever,” Ancier’s attorney, Louise Ann Fernandez of Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Mitchell LLP said in a statement.
“Mr. Ancier was undeserving of the stain to his reputation caused by the plaintiff’s reckless complaint, which was grounded in lies,” Fernandez continued. “We are equally confident that just as this case imploded when the facts became known, any further legal maneuvers or gimmicks will fail because unsupported statements, falsehoods and character smears have no place in any court.”
The case against the former NBC Entertainment, Fox and WB employee was dismissed without prejudice. Ancier was accused of sexually abusing Egan when the now-former plaintiff was underage. The alleged abuse purportedly occurred at a mansion in Encino, Calif. when Egan was 15 years old, and later during trips to the Paul Mitchell Estate in Hawaii — which was where the suit was filed.
As previously reported by TheWrap, Egan also levied accusations and filed lawsuits against former NBC vice president, comedy development David Neuman, Goddard Group founder and CEO Gary Goddard and “X-Men” director Bryan Singer. Each filed motions to dismiss; Egan has since dropped his case against Neuman.
The initial lawsuit was filed against Singer on April 15. A week later, the other three followed. Egan has since filed three more John Doe lawsuits in Los Angeles in federal court on June 23.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.