Ylvis’ “The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)” is the top trending YouTube video of 2013, while Psy’s “Gentleman M/V” was the top trending music video, the website announced Wednesday.
“The Fox,” a music video (above) from the Norwegian comedy duo Vegard and Bård Ylvisåker, has racked up over 276.7 million viewers since taking the world by storm in September. Psy’s follow-up to 2012 hit single “Gangnam Style” — YouTube’s top trending video of 2012 — premiered last April and has a total of 599.2 million views to date.
Hollywood marketing cracked the top 10 this year with “Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise,” a promo for Sony’s “Carrie” remake.
Miley Cyrus‘s “Wrecking Ball” and “We Can’t Stop” were the second and third top trending music videos of the year, respectively, while “Wrecking Ball” also ranked as the fourth top trending video, overall, after racking up over 398.2 million views since premiering in September.
Jean-Claude Van Damme‘s “Epic Split” — a viral Volvo commercial featuring the 53-year-old action star performing a split between two moving trucks — ranked number six in the top trending videos with nearly 60 million views after hitting the web on Nov. 13.
See both top ten lists, below:
Top Trending Videos of 2013:
2. Harlem Shake (original army edition), kennethaakonsen
3. How Animals Eat Their Food | MisterEpicMann, MisterEpicMann
5. baby&me / the new evian film, EvianBabies
6. Volvo Trucks – The Epic Split feat. Van Damme, VolvoTrucks
8. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise, CarrieNYC
9. THE NFL : A Bad Lip Reading, BadLipReading,
10. Mozart vs Skrillex. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2., ERB
Top Trending Music Videos of 2013:
1. PSY – GENTLEMAN M/V, officialpsy
5. P!nk – Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess, PinkVEVO
8. Naughty Boy – La La La ft. Sam Smith, NaughtyBoyVEVO
10. Avicii – Wake Me Up (Official Video), AviciiOfficialVEVO