Home / Movies / John Travolta Sex Claims: John Doe #1 Parts Ways With His Lawyer (Exclusive)

John Travolta Sex Claims: John Doe #1 Parts Ways With His Lawyer (Exclusive)

Split comes amid news that John Travolta's initial accuser was mistaken about the date of alleged attack

The masseur who accused John Travolta of assault and sexual battery has parted ways with his attorney, following reports that may have been damaging to his case.

The anonymous accuser's former attorney, Okorie Okorocha, told TheWrap that he is no longer representing the man, identified as John Doe #1 in the suit.

Also read: John Travolta Denies Sexual Battery Claims Made by Second Male Masseur

While Okorocha didn't reveal the reason for the split, the news comes on the heels of intriguing developments in the case. Radar Online reports that the masseur admitted that he was mistaken about the date of the alleged attack.

If correct, that could throw doubt on the accuser's claims on multiple fronts. Not only would it call his memory and account of facts into question, but the about-face would give credence to the assertions of Travolta's lawyer, Martin Singer, who says that the actor was on the other side of the country when the alleged incident supposedly took place.

Also read: John Travolta Denies Groping Male Massage Therapist's Genitals

In the complaint against Travolta, filed earlier this month, John Doe #1 claims that the actor assaulted him on Jan. 16 in a bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The suit alleges that Travolta groped the masseur's scrotum and penis during the massage session, then began masturbating during the session and offered to give the plaintiff a "reverse massage," telling him, "Come on, dude, I'll jerk you off!"

However, photos and a restaurant receipt published by TMZ on Wednesday place the actor in New York on Jan. 16.

It is not yet known whether John Doe #1 will pursue his case with new representation.

Okorocha also filed suit on behalf of a second masseur, also anonymous, who alleges that Travolta behaved in a similarly inappropriate manner while receiving a massage from him at an Atlanta resort on Jan. 28.

Travolta's attorney Martin Singer has adamantly denied the claims of both plaintiffs.

Meanwhile, Radar Online also reports that a third man has come forward to accuse Travolta of massage misconduct. According to the site, Fabian Zanzi claims that Travolta offered him $12,000 to have sex with him while receiving a massage aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in 2009.

Zanzi has reportedly filed a suit against Travolta, though if he has, Okorocha isn't representing him.

"I don't even know him," Okorocha told TheWrap.

Singer has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment about Zanzi's reported claims.

Photo: Getty Images