Thanks to stellar returns on films like "The Black Swan" and "Twilight: Breaking Dawn," both leading ladies have topped Forbes magazine's list of Hollywood's most bankable stars.
After considering the actors' earnings, along with their last three major movies' box-office receipts and budgets, Portman was determined to be the most valuable player in the industry.
"Black Swan," Darren Aronofsky's ballet thriller that earned Portman her first Oscar, only cost $13 million, but it went on to gross $329 million worldwide. Her "No Strings Attached," a $25 million rom-com co-starring Ashton Kutcher, raked in $150 million worldwide.
Though her other comedic venture, "Your Highness," failed to recoup its $50 million budget, Forbes estimates studios earned $42.70 for every buck they paid Portman.
In the case of Stewart, it's pretty easy to see why she came in second: "The Twilight Saga" has brought in $3.3 billion (and counting).
The last two installments alone have made over $1.5 billion worldwide, a figure that easily repaid her massive $25 million paycheck. Franchise co-stars Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner also placed on the Forbes list, but they didn't star in "Snow White and the Huntsman" — a $396 million hit for Universal.
All considered, Stewart earned studios $40.60 for every dollar she was paid.
Forbes' full list of Hollywood's most bankable stars:
1. Natalie Portman ($42.70 for every $1 paid)
2. Kristen Stewart ($40.60 for every $1 paid)
3. Shia LaBeouf ($35.80 for every $1 paid)
4. Robert Pattinson ($31.70 for every $1 paid)
5. Daniel Radcliffe ($30.50 for every $1 paid)
6.Taylor Lautner ($29.50 for every $1 paid)
7. Bradley Cooper ($25 for every $1 paid)
8. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ($22.70 for every $1 paid)
9. Amy Adams ($22.60 for every $1 paid)
10. Kevin James ($22.40 for every $1 paid)