Whitney Houston, whose body was found submerged in the bathtub of her Beverly Hills hotel room on Saturday, didn't die of drowning and was likely killed by a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol, TMZ reports.
The website cites family members who say the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told them that Houston likely expired from a combination of the anti-anxiety medication Xanax and other prescription drugs, mixed with alcohol. The coroner's office told the family that there wasn't enough water in the singer's lungs to suggest death by drowning, and that she likely died before she became submerged, the site said.
Coroner's officials were not immediately available for comment Monday. Houston's publicist did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.
TMZ said the family members also said Houston's body was found by her aunt, Mary Jones, who administered CPR to the singer.
Houston's Beverly Hills hotel room contained a small assortment of medications, most of them not out of the ordinary, TMZ said. Law enforcement sources told the site that the pills included Xanax, the painkiller ibuprofen, the menstrual cramp treatment Midol, and amoxicillin -- which is used for treating bacterial infections and which Houston had been taking for a sore throat, according to TMZ.
The bottles, which ranged from 2011 to 2012, contained few pills, the law enforcement sources said.
Meanwhile, Houston's brother-in-law, Billy Watson, told ABCNews.com on Monday that he believed Houston's death was accidental, as she would not have intentionally taken her own life out of concern for her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
"Oh, no, this is accidental," Watson said. "She wouldn't have left her daughter like that. She wouldn't have done that to her daughter."
Watson -- whose sister is married to Gary, the singer's brother -- added that the family will be flying back to New Jersey on Monday and Tuesday, and that funeral plans are still pending.
Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told TheWrap on Sunday that the singer's autopsy is complete but that the results will not be released until the toxicology report is complete, which typically takes four to six weeks.