Nick Carter might want to have a drink after reading this news.
On second thought, maybe he shouldn’t.
Backstreet Boys singer Carter — who earlier this month was arrested for battery after an altercation at a Florida bar — is now being sued by an employee of the establishment.
Also Read: Nick Carter Charged With Battery on Florida Bar Bouncer
In his complaint, Skylar Carden claims that he was working at the Hogs Breath Saloon in Key West, Florida, on Jan. 13. According to the suit, Carter was cut off slightly before 7 p.m.”due to his unruly and disrespectful behavior.”
Carter resisted when he was told to leave, according to the complaint, but he was finally escorted from the bar. However, apparently not one to take “Get out, you’re 86’ed” for an answer, Carter attempted to reenter the establishment, the complaint says.
And that’s when Carden says that the singer got all choke-y.
Also Read: 'The Sandlot' Star Michael Vitar Pleads Not Guilty in Assault Case
“Knowing that he was denied entry, Defendant Nick Carter became aggressive, using physical force and violently attacking Skylar Carden by striking and choking the Plaintiff,” the complaint reads.
A spokesman for Carter has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.
Carden claims to have suffered “bodily injury, mental anguish, pain and suffering” as a result, and he’s looking for more than $15,000 in damages.
This isn’t the first time Carter has been in trouble with law enforcement — in 2005, he pleaded guilty to driving under the influence in Santa Ana, California. He later told People the arrest was “so good for me” and that he attended mandatory Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.