#PalinTVShows, as anyone could have guessed, mocks the conservative politician turned TV star’s many follies and controversial opinions that have gained national notoriety since she campaigned alongside John McCain for the White House in 2008.
The fun began Monday morning when “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” co-creator and former head writer Lizz Winstead tossed out the hashtag while asking if it’s “a thing yet.”
Now it’s a top trend on Twitter, and suggestions are flying in by the second.
Here are more than a few that Palin and the paid-subscription channel’s executives, Jeff Gaspin and Jon Klein, probably won’t actually consider:
Is #PalinTVShows a thing yet?
– Lizz Winstead (@lizzwinstead) July 28, 2014
You’re not smarter than a third grader #PalinTVShows
– DC Debbie (@DCdebbie) July 28, 2014
Person of No Interest #palintvshows
– Dean Obeidallah (@Deanofcomedy) July 28, 2014
Keeping Up with the 1% #PalinTVShows
– TheGOPunisher (@TheGOPunisher) July 28, 2014
#PalinTVShows Lost. (Series about the 2008 election)
– mary (@mmmarystweets) July 28, 2014
The Bridge (To Nowhere). #PalinTVShows
– David Gow (@WiselinePRT) July 28, 2014
My So Called Political Career #PalinTVShows
– Joe Williams (@JoeDoubleYou) July 28, 2014
Who’s lie is it anyway? #PalinTVShows
– Stefan Bennett (@Knobstradamus) July 28, 2014
Ignorance Is the New Black #PalinTVShows
– David Engelson (@David_Engelson) July 28, 2014