Betty White, Lars Von Trier help “Episode VII” rocket to the top of Twitter trends
If you were wondering why your Twitter feed just exploded, the casting announcement for JJ Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII” may have something to do with it.
We scrolled through the hashtags and @ signs for you to find the best tweets from Hollywood and beyond reacting to the biggest nerd news in years.
- Lars Von Trier (@LVon_Trier) April 29, 2014
– AdPock (@AdPoc) April 29, 2014
The Star Wars VII cast needs more Lando. pic.twitter.com/KCRsf7l3Zf
- Comedy Central (@ComedyCentral) April 29, 2014
I don't know why you would bother to photograph the cast of a new Star Wars movie sitting in a circle with not ONE of them in a hoverchair.
– James Poniewozik (@poniewozik) April 29, 2014
Plot of new Star Wars revealed: Han and Leia's kid is “force”d to move back home after Jedi college. Uncle Luke lives over the garage. — Betty F*ckin’ White (@BettyFckinWhite) April 29, 2014
If George Lucas was directing Star Wars VII, the only star would be a ping pong ball on a stick.
– Comedy Central (@ComedyCentral) April 29, 2014
A little disappointed to hear Kenny Baker wasn't at the new Star Wars script read through…
- Duncan Jones (@ManMadeMoon) April 29, 2014