The only two we all agree on: Opera singer Renee Fleming will wear gloves for the National Anthem, Eli Manning will be shown on TV at least twice
Super Bowl XLVIII is nearly upon us, and with the big game comes over-eating, funny commercials, and lots of gambling.
While TheWrap does not endorse wagering in states or countries where sports betting is illegal, we decided to have some fun with ESPN “SportsNation” hosts Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley during a recent visit to The Worldwide Leader's L.A. Live studio.
TV reporter and resident football expert Tony Maglio got in on the just-for-fun gaming. Below are the 10 prop bets each played and the selections, made on Wednesday, Jan. 29. Odds are courtesy of online sports, betting, casino, poker and horse-racing site Bovada.
1. Point spread
Denver -3 (Giving three points)
Seattle +3 (Getting three points)
Max: Seattle +3
Marcellus: Seattle +3
Tony: Denver -3
2. Super Bowl XLVIII MVP
Max: Peyton Manning
Tony: Peyton Manning
3. Marshawn Lynch's longest run
Over 19.5 yards
Under 19.5 yards
Max: Under 19.5 yards
Marcellus: Over 19.5 yards
Tony: Under 19.5 yards
Marcellus: No snow
Tony: No snow
5. Will Renee Fleming wear gloves when she sings the National Anthem?
6. How many times will Peyton Manning say “Omaha” during the game?
Max: Over 27.5
Marcellus: Over 27.5
Tony: Under 27.5
7. What will Bruno Mars be wearing on his head at the start of his halftime performance?
Max: Fur hat
Marcellus: No hat
8. Will any member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers be shirtless during their performance?
9. How many times will Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) be shown on TV during the game?
Max: Over 1.5
Marcellus: Over 1.5
Tony: Over 1.5
10. What color will the Gatorade (or other liquid) be that is dumped on the winning head coach?