Recorded with will.i.am, the charity single shot to No. 26, making it the week’s top new entry
- By Ryan O'Connell on October 10, 2014 @ 10:30 am
New iTunes numbers reveal digital success for legendary band’s “Songs of Innocence”
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on February 21, 2013 @ 5:40 pm
Baauer's "Harlem Shake" will rise to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100 this week, thanks to its YouTube boost
- By Greg Gilman on January 22, 2013 @ 1:44 pm
Justin Timberlake's collaboration with Jay-Z has scored the most first-week radio plays in the 20-year history of Billboard's Pop Songs chart, making it the highest...
- By Lucas Shaw on March 28, 2012 @ 10:48 am
A consumer music mag veteran, Joe Levy hasn’t worked at an industry trade mag before
- By Lucas Shaw on March 9, 2012 @ 11:35 am
Billboard, the music industry’s leading trade publication, has lost its editor, publisher and other top staffers
- By Chris Willman on December 26, 2011 @ 10:04 pm
Album sales are up only about 1%, but that’s still great news after a decade-plus of decline
- By Kimberly Potts on October 13, 2011 @ 8:05 am
The “American Idol” winner is the youngest male artist to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 album chart
- By Chris Willman on October 5, 2011 @ 11:24 am
Jay-Z’s protégé bowed with an impressive 218,000, well ahead of debuting rockers Blink-182 and Wilco
- By Chris Willman on September 28, 2011 @ 10:40 am
The octogenarian’s “Duets II” album sold 179,000. On the other end of the age spectrum, teens Demi Lovato, Mindless Behavior, and Cody Simpson all made...
- By Chris Willman on September 21, 2011 @ 11:04 am
Easily aced failed comebacks by a whacked Bush and petered-out Primus
- By Chris Willman on September 14, 2011 @ 9:48 am
On the digital songs chart, Kelly Clarkson managed a so-so debut for “Mr. Know It All”
- By Chris Willman on September 7, 2011 @ 1:07 pm
“The Carter IV” is almost on par with Lil Wayne’s past sales glory, with 964,000 sold, while Adele’s bravura awards-show turn actually pushed an old-school...
- By Chris Willman on August 31, 2011 @ 9:11 am
Game was off his game with a still-charttopping 98,000 in album sales, while Streisand’s Bergman-esque tribute sold 66,000 to bow at No. 4
Modestly debuting releases from the Eli Young Band and Jeff Bridges posed no threat to week 2 of the Kanye/Jay-Z dynasty … or to Adele,...
- By Chris Willman on August 17, 2011 @ 12:02 pm
Meanwhile, “Glee 3D” entered the album chart at No. 16 with a shockingly modest 20,000 copies
- By Chris Willman on August 3, 2011 @ 11:30 am
Country star Eric Church debuted at No. 1 on the album sales chart, while Perry is poised to tie Michael Jackson’s record for most chart-topping...
- By Sharon Waxman on July 29, 2011 @ 5:25 pm
With Finkelstein running the day-to-day, he says: “I am the CEO, I was the CEO and will continue to be the CEO”
- By Chris Willman on July 27, 2011 @ 1:29 pm
The late singer’s 2006 multi-Grammy-winning album returns to the top 10 after just two days of posthumous sales fever
- By Chris Willman on July 20, 2011 @ 10:46 am
‘Voice’ judge Shelton found an agreeable jury for his first No. 1 album, while Lovato’s ‘Skyscraper’ is a rehabilitative hit on the singles chart
- By Dominic Patten on December 16, 2010 @ 5:12 pm
“Michael” sales could topple the British sensation and country ingénue to end 2010 on a high note for dead King of Pop.
- By Dominic Patten on August 31, 2010 @ 5:58 pm
Apple’s big announcement Wednesday may put iTunes on the web, while Google has been talking quietly to the labels about the Droid
Sale of eight brands announced; Nielsen folds Editor & Publisher, Kirkus Reviews
Purchase by Lachlan Murdoch-Jimmy Finkelstein alliance