Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are at their most glamorous
Cannes News, Movies and Background
- By Lucas Shaw on November 29, 2012 @ 2:17 pm
Machinima, the online video heavyweight, launches an Interactive Festival on Friday
- By Steve Pond on May 27, 2012 @ 10:52 am
Michael Haneke's quiet, emotional story of aging and dying, "Amour," takes top prize; "Reality" and "The Angels' Share" are runners-up, but English-language films are nearly...
- By Todd Cunningham on May 27, 2012 @ 9:01 am
Sundance Selects picks up U.S. rights to former Palme d'Or winner Abbas Kiarostami's "Like Someone to Love"
- By Steve Pond on May 27, 2012 @ 8:58 am
Leos Carax's "Holy Motors," one of the festivals most acclaimed but divisive films, goes to the Indomina Group on the eve of the Cannes awards...
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 3:43 pm
Oscilloscope plans 2013 release for "Reality," story about reality television starring an actor serving prison time for murder
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 11:33 am
IFC will handle North American distribution for Im Sang-soo's "The Taste of Money," a drama about sexual desires and power struggles in a rich Korean...
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 10:56 am
Michel Franco's Mexican drama "Despues de Lucia" takes top award from jury headed by Tim Roth; Emile Dequenne and Suzanne Clement win acting awards
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 10:12 am
International critics' association FIPRESCI honors "In the Fog," "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "Hold Back"; Eucumenical Jury goes for "The Hunt"
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 6:34 am
Day 11: It's (almost) all over but the voting, and the two frontrunners in the Palme d'Or race appear to be the quiet, emotional "Amour"...
- By Sharon Waxman on May 25, 2012 @ 4:29 pm
Wrap editor Sharon Waxman and columnist Steve Pond discuss the buzz at the august film festival
- By Steve Pond on May 25, 2012 @ 12:26 pm
Chilean film "No," starring Gael Garcia Bernal, is among prize-winners in Cannes' Directors Fortnight section
- By Steve Pond on May 25, 2012 @ 11:56 am
Anti-Defamation League applauds cancellation of Cannes market screenings for film featuring "grotesque anti-Semitism"
- By Steve Pond on May 25, 2012 @ 10:59 am
Student films from Russia, the United States and Cuba are selected by Cannes' Cinefondation jury headed by Jean-Pierre Dardenne
- By Steve Pond on May 25, 2012 @ 10:46 am
Alec Baldwin pulls out of his onstage appearance at the amfAR gala but makes up with Harvey Weinstein after publicly blasting the mogul earlier in...
- By Brent Lang on May 25, 2012 @ 8:59 am
Arclight Films sells rights to Chinese romantic drama "Dangerous Liaisons"
- By Dana Kennedy on May 25, 2012 @ 8:02 am
"Cosmopolis" star Robert Pattinson struggles to explain the David Cronenberg movie set largely in a limousine cruising New York streets
- By Lucas Shaw on May 24, 2012 @ 4:05 pm
IFC/Sundance have worked with Loach on three prior projects, one of which won the Palme d'Or
- By Steve Pond on May 24, 2012 @ 2:25 pm
Antonio Mendez Esparza's "Aqui y alla" has won the Grand Prize in the festival's Critics Week section
- By Steve Pond on May 24, 2012 @ 12:47 pm
Some critics think Lee Daniels' steamy Southern potboiler is so bad it's good, but most say it's just plain awful
- By Sharon Waxman on May 24, 2012 @ 12:30 pm
“It’s the autobiography of something that didn’t happen,” the director with one of Hollywood's most specific visual idioms tells TheWrap in an interview
- By Dana Kennedy on May 24, 2012 @ 9:04 am
Nicole Kidman says she gave herself over to the graphic scenes in Lee Daniel's pulpy "The Paperboy," which has become the talk of the Croisette
- By Brent Lang on May 24, 2012 @ 8:00 am
Southern Korean film stars Isabelle Huppert of "The Piano Teacher" fame
- By Steve Pond on May 24, 2012 @ 6:50 am
Day 9: The festival winds down with baffling movies, a Roman Polanski short and a giddy Kim Kardashian
- By Steve Pond on May 23, 2012 @ 10:45 am
Even the most positive reviews of Walter Salles' adaptation of "On the Road" say Jack Kerouac's book is nearly impossible to adapt
- By Dana Kennedy on May 23, 2012 @ 7:39 am
“I love pushing, I love scaring myself," Kristen Stewart says about her role in Walter Salles' new movie, "On the Road"