“Theory of Everything” star becomes the first honoree to be announced by the festival
Daniel Day-Lewis News, Movies and Background
- By Jeff Sneider on June 14, 2014 @ 9:53 am
She was declared worthy of the honorary title as the co-founder of the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative
- By Steve Pond on February 20, 2014 @ 9:07 am
Last year’s Best Supporting Actor is the fourth and last of 2012’s acting winners to be named a presenter
- By Greg Gilman on November 12, 2013 @ 8:08 am
The award will recognize her portrayal of Gloria Gaines alongside Forest Whitaker in “The Butler,” as well as her overall career
- By Jeff Sneider on October 13, 2013 @ 3:48 pm
The erotic movie will benefit from an actor willing to handle the pressure of playing Christian Grey
- By Brent Lang on September 11, 2013 @ 7:37 am
“I, Claudius” actor reveals he was a finalist for “The Silence of the Lambs”
- By Tony Maglio on July 29, 2013 @ 8:44 am
The "Lone Ranger" star tells the BBC that there are "quieter things" he "wouldn't mind doing"
In honor of Happy Father's Day, TheWrap salutes infamously awful film and TV dads.
- By Greg Gilman on May 20, 2013 @ 6:50 pm
Updated: Actors who best understand characters with disabilities say they aren't getting their shot
- By Tim Kenneally on May 2, 2013 @ 12:39 pm
The Spike TV kudoscast will also honor Emilia Clarke and Kevin Hart
The acclaimed producer/director lampoons his hit film for the Saturday event
- By Ira Teinowitz on April 27, 2013 @ 9:56 pm
The president revisits birther conspiracy theory and takes aim at CNN, while Conan mocks Fox News and "Tonight Show" shuffle
- By Steve Pond on February 24, 2013 @ 10:03 pm
"Argo" is the least-awarded Best Picture winner since "Crash," but Ben Affleck puts the Academy's Best Director snub behind him to gain redemption — and...
- By Steve Pond on February 19, 2013 @ 7:08 pm
"Argo" tops the list of what will win, but Oscar voters aren't entirely predictable — and we'll also tell you who we think should take...
- By Greg Gilman on February 12, 2013 @ 11:19 am
The Oscar edition of Zach Galifianakis' Funny or Die talk show continues with more Academy Award nominees
- By Brent Lang on January 27, 2013 @ 3:52 pm
Who will win the Screen Actors Guild Awards?
- By Steve Pond on January 10, 2013 @ 11:46 am
"Amour" star Emmanuelle Riva, the oldest Best Actress nominee ever, turns 86 on the day of the Oscars — but she's not this year's only...
Steven Spielberg reveals that Daniel Day-Lewis initially nixed the lead in "Lincoln" in a letter to the director
- By Steve Pond on December 18, 2012 @ 5:18 pm
As more critics' awards are announced, Kathryn Bigelow's controversial "Zero Dark Thirty" continues to pick up top honors; Daniel Day-Lewis dominates acting category
- By Steve Pond on December 18, 2012 @ 8:53 am
Celebrated but elusive actor Daniel Day-Lewis will receive the Montecito Award from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, a key award-season stop
Daniel Day-Lewis, Rachel Weisz, Matthew McConaughey and Sally Field win acting honors; "Zero Dark Thirty" named best picture, director
- By Brent Lang on November 23, 2012 @ 6:15 am
Let us now praise "Lincoln"s' not-as-famous women
- By Brent Lang on November 9, 2012 @ 12:20 pm
"Lincoln," with a cast that includes Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field, has high hopes for Oscar night
- By Mikey Glazer on November 9, 2012 @ 7:02 am
Oprah shows up for "Lincoln" as NBC’s “The Voice” celebrates ratings win over "X Factor" with judges performing at a party.