Cannes 2014: The competition gets serious with “Winter Sleep,” stylish with “Saint Laurent” and pulpy with “Wild Tales”
Jane Campion News, Movies and Background
- By Steve Pond on May 15, 2014 @ 2:45 pm
Cannes 2014: “Party Girl” and “That Lovely Girl” kick off Un Certain Regard with a day of downbeat dramas directed or co-directed by women
- By Tim Molloy on August 21, 2013 @ 6:43 am
One woman previously excluded from the list now has more films on it than Alfred Hitchcock, John Huston, Federico Fellini and Stanley Kubrick
- By Brent Lang on July 26, 2013 @ 6:25 am
Ben Whishaw and "Downton Abbey" actor Brendan Coyle will co-star in West End production
- By Sharon Waxman on June 23, 2013 @ 5:49 pm
Elisabeth Moss on "Mad Men's" ending: "That's the last time I will ever play Peggy — that, to me, is so strange"
- By Steve Pond on May 24, 2013 @ 8:13 am
Top award in student film competition goes to "Needle"; Jane Campion's jury also chooses shorts from Romania and the Czech Republic
- By Sharon Waxman on May 15, 2009 @ 2:58 am
With the international box office dominating the movie business in the way that it does, it is no wonder that Louise Chater has found her...
- By Sharon Waxman on May 14, 2009 @ 3:35 am
Ah, France. Where the people smell of red wine at 8:30 in the morning, and where they’ll happily charge you $5 for a croissant along...