There is only one known photo of Finke — until now
- By Gina Hall on August 19, 2014 @ 3:24 pm
The acquisition also includes Footwear News
- By Sharon Waxman on February 26, 2013 @ 10:12 am
Variety's new owner has picked a strategy, and it is one fraught with risk
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on December 20, 2012 @ 6:29 pm
EXCLUSIVE: Variety may be moving from its iconic Wilshire Boulevard headquarters to Penske Media Corporation's Inglewood hub
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on November 15, 2012 @ 6:15 pm
Penske is cutting back print circulation and slashing jobs to boost his investment in Variety's editorial and digital departments
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on October 18, 2012 @ 3:49 pm
Variety, now owned by Penske Media Corporation, showed publisher Brian Gott the door and promoted Michelle Sobrino-Stearns to publisher
- By Sharon Waxman on October 18, 2012 @ 3:22 pm
The mail brought a letter from Jay Penske on Thursday “a courtesy due to the recent events involving the ‘poaching’ of employees in this industry”...
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on October 10, 2012 @ 9:50 pm
Jay Penske, the new owner of Variety, told his new staff of reporters that the paywall would go, but the print edition was here to...
- By Sharon Waxman on October 9, 2012 @ 12:09 pm
Jay Penske appears to have shut out Nikki Finke from having much to do with Variety — which creates the challenge going forward: owning two...
- By Sharon Waxman on October 1, 2011 @ 2:28 pm
WaxWord will be exposing Finke’s poisonous maneuvers going forward in this space – here’s the latest one
Attorneys will have a hard time proving that the Hollywood trade stole content by confirming the news stories her site broke
- By Sharon Waxman on June 14, 2011 @ 8:55 am
Industry vet returns to trade where she worked for decades, leaves Penske after less than a year
- By Dylan Stableford on March 28, 2011 @ 11:42 am
Penske poaches 17-year veteran of paper to cover big media, corporate finance for Nikki Finke
- By Sharon Waxman on February 28, 2011 @ 9:11 pm
“MMC has demonstrably and repeatedly violated my client’s rights, including but not limited to violations of the antitrust laws, as well as unfair competition and...