Both openers heading for $40 million weekends as huge holiday reverses weeks-long slump
Les Miserables News, Movies and Background
- By Steve Pond on November 22, 2014 @ 12:14 pm
Both actresses are longshots, but they’re meeting voters for “Cake” and “The Fault in Our Stars”
- By Tim Molloy on August 4, 2014 @ 6:30 am
“This is undeniably one of the best jobs in the British film industry”
- By Todd Cunningham on June 22, 2014 @ 2:04 pm
The Broadway-to-big-screen musical drew a very mature crowd but that may help in the long run at box office
- By Jordan Zakarin on May 14, 2014 @ 10:50 pm
With little movies like “God’s Not Dead” and “Heaven is for Real” making bank at the box office, years of under-the-radar planning is coming to...
- By Tim Kenneally on May 13, 2014 @ 4:30 pm
And si, “La Voz Kids” will be back
- By Jordan Zakarin on April 9, 2014 @ 5:45 am
The Oscar-winner crooned several hip hop favorites on “Tonight”
- By Greg Gilman on March 27, 2014 @ 7:59 am
Kunis discovers she is in line to inherit the planet — and maybe the entire universe — in the original sci-fi adventure from the directors...
- By Brent Lang on March 18, 2014 @ 2:59 pm
“Journey to the West” director discusses his major influences
- By Brent Lang on February 11, 2014 @ 5:44 am
Tony winner joins Pharrell Williams
- By Brent Lang on February 24, 2013 @ 7:23 pm
Anne Hathaway scores an Oscar for her riveting rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream"
- By Todd Cunningham on February 24, 2013 @ 12:30 pm
The Tolkein tale steams toward $1B as "Good Day to Die Hard" adds $35.7M to lead the foreign box office
- By Mikey Glazer on February 24, 2013 @ 10:25 am
Seen by billions but touched by few, here's an exclusive hands-on tour of the most famous envelope in the world.
- By Steve Pond on February 21, 2013 @ 4:15 pm
"Silver Linings Playbook" is the unprecedented sixth $100 million Best Picture nominee, but will that translate into hit ratings?
- By Mikey Glazer on February 21, 2013 @ 10:32 am
From Jessica Chastain chatting up Harry Potter, to Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams hunkering down together, to awards winners with trophies riding shuttle buses —...
- By Steve Pond on February 20, 2013 @ 6:23 pm
Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron say their Oscar show will pay tribute to movie music, won't involve the James Bond actors but will have...
- By Brent Lang on February 20, 2013 @ 6:49 am
Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Hugh Jackman are among the big names who will perform
- By Mikey Glazer on February 19, 2013 @ 4:40 pm
Your guide to five days of Oscar celebrations broken into Nominees, Decision Makers, the Scene and Oscar Sunday
- By Steve Pond on February 16, 2013 @ 10:41 pm
CAS Awards honor Tom Hooper's musical for sound mixing; "Brave" wins another animation award, while "Modern Family" and "Homeland" take TV honors
- By Steve Pond on February 15, 2013 @ 10:12 am
18-time Oscar nominee Andy Nelson is no stranger to sound mixing movie musicals
- By Steve Pond on February 13, 2013 @ 2:37 pm
Academy teams up with Gallery1988 to create and exhibit alternative posters for "Argo," "Lincoln," "Django Unchained" and the other best-pic nominees
- By Wrap Staff on February 12, 2013 @ 10:25 am
Bradley Cooper on "Silver Linings" insecurity, Ben Affleck on "Casablanca" … a stunning gallery of the stars and filmmakers whose films nabbed a total of...
- By Todd Cunningham on February 11, 2013 @ 11:54 am
Analysis: Warner Bros. has made the most of the awards run by "Argo," even putting it back in theaters where it already played
- By Steve Pond on February 10, 2013 @ 9:07 pm
Roger Deakins takes his third ASC Award for "Skyfall"; "Game of Thrones," "Hunted," "Wilfred" and "Great Expectations" win in TV categories
- By Greg Gilman on February 8, 2013 @ 12:39 pm
"Les Militaribles" features South Korean soldiers warbling tunes adapted from "Les Miz," resulting in a slightly less serious story of love, loss and redemption
- By Todd Cunningham on February 3, 2013 @ 8:54 am
Zombie romantic comedy "Warm Bodies' debuts to $20M with "Hansel and Gretel" second. "Bullet to the Head" is DOA with $4.5M