“Dumb and Dumber To” star recalls suicide jumper when he arrived to audition for NBC’s “Saturday Night Live”
Lincoln News, Movies and Background
- By Linda Ge on October 21, 2014 @ 1:35 pm
The Terrence Malick-produced drama also stars Diane Kruger and Brit Marling
- By Greg Gilman on September 23, 2014 @ 9:31 am
The daytime talk show host joined the “Interstellar” star in his mission to maneuver around a bull blocking the road
- By Jason Hughes on September 3, 2014 @ 10:11 pm
Oscar-winner stars in “Live in Your Moment” ad campaign, featuring his unique musings and worldview
- By Greg Gilman on August 19, 2014 @ 9:00 am
The actor and budding movie star covered the September issue of GQ
- By Lucas Shaw on June 24, 2014 @ 6:15 pm
The company has had “preliminary meetings” with many top executives
- By Brent Lang on February 25, 2014 @ 3:36 pm
The DreamWorks co-chairman is under contract through the end of this year
- By Todd Cunningham on March 3, 2013 @ 12:36 pm
The "Lincoln" director tells a French network that he wants to turn Stanley Kubrick's script about Napoleon into a TV miniseries
- By Todd Cunningham on February 26, 2013 @ 1:09 pm
Analysis: With most of the Oscar winners having already cashed in on their nominations at theaters, studios will focus their marketing muscle on DVD and...
- By Steve Pond on February 24, 2013 @ 10:03 pm
"Argo" is the least-awarded Best Picture winner since "Crash," but Ben Affleck puts the Academy's Best Director snub behind him to gain redemption — and...
- By Brent Lang on February 24, 2013 @ 9:27 pm
Daniel Day-Lewis, Jennifer Lawrence win top acting awards
- By Mikey Glazer on February 24, 2013 @ 10:25 am
Seen by billions but touched by few, here's an exclusive hands-on tour of the most famous envelope in the world.
- By Todd Cunningham on February 23, 2013 @ 8:50 am
The Melissa McCarthy-Jason Bateman comedy is on track for $13M with "Snitch" close behind; "Good Day to Die Hard" takes a tumble
- By Brent Lang on February 22, 2013 @ 12:06 pm
Ranking the Best Picture nominees in terms of return on investment yields some box office surprises
- By Steve Pond on February 21, 2013 @ 4:15 pm
"Silver Linings Playbook" is the unprecedented sixth $100 million Best Picture nominee, but will that translate into hit ratings?
- By Suzette Valle on February 21, 2013 @ 12:40 pm
Should teachers pick up the pieces and seize these inaccuracies as opportunities to discuss them in class and correct them?
- By Mikey Glazer on February 21, 2013 @ 10:32 am
From Jessica Chastain chatting up Harry Potter, to Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams hunkering down together, to awards winners with trophies riding shuttle buses —...
- By Mikey Glazer on February 19, 2013 @ 4:40 pm
Your guide to five days of Oscar celebrations broken into Nominees, Decision Makers, the Scene and Oscar Sunday
- By Steve Pond on February 18, 2013 @ 6:11 am
Thanks to the Academy's Directors Branch, rival films are adjusting their ads and spending big bucks in an attempt to score an upset victory —...
- By Todd Cunningham on February 17, 2013 @ 2:27 pm
She calls on the director to revise the Best Picture Oscar contender's slavery vote scene before the DVDs go out
- By Steve Pond on February 16, 2013 @ 10:41 pm
CAS Awards honor Tom Hooper's musical for sound mixing; "Brave" wins another animation award, while "Modern Family" and "Homeland" take TV honors
- By Steve Pond on February 14, 2013 @ 12:17 pm
The pundits may tell you that only a couple of films still have a shot at Best Picture, but the nice thing about the Oscar...
- By Steve Pond on February 13, 2013 @ 2:37 pm
Academy teams up with Gallery1988 to create and exhibit alternative posters for "Argo," "Lincoln," "Django Unchained" and the other best-pic nominees
- By Brent Lang on February 13, 2013 @ 7:33 am
Fund will be used to produce 12 to 16 feature films
- By Greg Gilman on February 12, 2013 @ 11:19 am
The Oscar edition of Zach Galifianakis' Funny or Die talk show continues with more Academy Award nominees
- By Steve Pond on February 11, 2013 @ 9:23 pm
Oscar nominee Tony Kusher and WGA magazine editor Richard Stayton are among those who sign letter defending "Zero Dark Thirty" on First Amendment grounds
- By Todd Cunningham on February 11, 2013 @ 11:54 am
Analysis: Warner Bros. has made the most of the awards run by "Argo," even putting it back in theaters where it already played