“The Hobbit” star brings together the best of Peter Jackson’s sprawling “Lord of the Rings” saga and the UK’s most inept paper company on the...
Lord of the Rings
- By Jason Hughes on December 2, 2014 @ 1:00 am
Bilbo takes on a dangerous mission in clip from “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” promising Gandalf, “They won’t see me”
- By Jason Hughes on October 22, 2014 @ 11:59 pm
Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood and Sylvester McCoy star in the lovingly-made video that mixes safety with the stunning vistas of New Zealand’s Middle-earth
This year’s viewing recommendations list also includes a special interview with U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas E. Perez, who talks to TheWrap about spending the weekend...
- By Linda Ge on August 4, 2014 @ 3:55 pm
Michael Caine and “Game of Thrones'” Rose Leslie also star in the supernatural thriller
- By Todd Cunningham on March 13, 2013 @ 4:47 pm
The studio says the "Lord of the Rings" author's estate has cost it millions and hurt "The Hobbit" by not allowing it to license online...
- By Todd Cunningham on December 13, 2012 @ 7:54 pm
Anticipation, 3D and a bigger foreign market mean "The Hobbit" will outperform the "Lord of the Ring" movies at the worldwide box office
- By Greg Gilman on December 4, 2012 @ 4:08 pm
New clips from Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" show a few of the many new encounters Bilbo Baggins has on his unexpected journey
- By Lucas Shaw on September 8, 2012 @ 11:40 am
Sean Bean, star of "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring," will play a bounty hunter in pursuit of the biggest outlaw...
- By Lucas Shaw on July 14, 2012 @ 8:34 pm
Peter Jackson will never get to adapt J.R.R. Tolkien's other great work — "The Silmarillion" — and here's why
- By Lucas Shaw on June 1, 2012 @ 10:21 am
"Snow White and the Huntsman" writer Evan Daugherty talks about the Hobbity-y genesis of the project, the surprising casting of the leads — and getting...
“The Walking Dead,” “The Godfather,” Muppets, even “Hillbilly Handfishin'” — trust us, you wanna watch — get the treatment over the holidays
- By Tim Kenneally on September 26, 2011 @ 3:50 pm
"Lord of the Rings" co-stars engage in Hobbit-on-Hobbit violence
- By Josh Dickey on October 21, 2010 @ 12:15 pm
The studio says it could still move production out of New Zealand
Some of Stephen King’s grand seven-book “The Dark Tower” series has its roots in the fantasy world J.R.R. Tolkien created (and Peter Jackson brought...
- By Brent Lang on June 29, 2010 @ 2:39 pm
“Lord of the Rings” star will appear in first series, a comedy based on an odd Australian hit about a dog that may be a...
- By Jeff Sneider on June 14, 2010 @ 4:14 pm
Guillermo del Toro recently left the project, which MGM still hasn’t greenlit due to its ongoing financial troubles
- By The Noldor Blog on December 29, 2009 @ 12:16 pm
Open casting call for ‘The Hobbit’ is announced, but the criteria is tricky
- By Amy Kaufman on July 25, 2009 @ 8:07 am
Despite the fanfare surrounding the unveiling of their new films "Avatar" and "District 9" at Comic-Con this past week, James Cameron and Peter Jackson say...