“Harry Potter” reunion?
Michael Haneke News, Movies and Background
- By Steve Pond on September 5, 2013 @ 12:17 pm
Here’s everything in the running in the Best Foreign Language Film category, with descriptions and links to trailers
- By Alonso Duralde on April 12, 2013 @ 11:58 am
Director Antonio Campos follow-up to "After School" leaves audiences stuck in midday study hall.
- By Steve Pond on January 25, 2013 @ 1:05 pm
"Camille Redouble" lands 13 Cesar nominations, "Amour" 10; Ben Affleck's "Argo" is only American film to be nominated at France's version of the Oscars
- By Todd Cunningham on January 20, 2013 @ 1:16 pm
Michael Haneke takes screenwriting honors and Emmanuelle Riva wins acting prize for best picture "Amour." Joaquin Phoenix best actor, Ang Lee tops directors
Oscar Analysis: Yes, ‘Lincoln’ Is on Top, But Watch Out for ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and ‘Life of Pi’By Steve Pond on January 10, 2013 @ 7:58 am
With Kathryn Bigelow, Ben Affleck and Tom Hooper not nominated, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is the big winner — but David O. Russell and Ang Lee...
- By Steve Pond on January 8, 2013 @ 12:11 pm
With past winners favored to land nominations, the category could tie a record for the most past champs
'Amour' wins Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actress
"I was confronted with a family member I loved very deeply who was suffering in old age, and I had to look on helplessly and...
- By Alonso Duralde on December 18, 2012 @ 9:09 am
Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant give powerful, heartbreaking performances, but neither they nor the film give in to sentimentality
- By Steve Pond on September 25, 2012 @ 6:56 pm
As defending champ Iran says it won't participate in the Oscars because of "Innocence of Muslims," Austria's "Amour" and France's "The Intouchables" look like sure-fire...
- By Lucas Shaw on September 6, 2012 @ 10:30 am
The Zurich Film Festival announced the 111 films in its program on Thursday
- By Steve Pond on August 30, 2012 @ 10:50 am
Telluride Film Festival lineup is long on international auteurs, short on Oscar contenders
- By Steve Pond on August 21, 2012 @ 7:48 am
Toronto International Film Festival completes its schedule with Palme d'Or winner "Amour," international auteurs, conversations with David Geffen and others
- By Steve Pond on August 16, 2012 @ 1:36 pm
Main NYFF lineup adds Michael Haneke's acclaimed drama "Amour," Brian De Palma's "Passion" and FDR drama "Hyde Park on Hudson," among others
- By Steve Pond on May 28, 2012 @ 6:20 pm
The 2012 Cannes Film Festival honored Europeans and went for the emotion, but a crazy American film snuck in there too
- By Steve Pond on May 27, 2012 @ 10:52 am
Michael Haneke's quiet, emotional story of aging and dying, "Amour," takes top prize; "Reality" and "The Angels' Share" are runners-up, but English-language films are nearly...
- By Steve Pond on May 26, 2012 @ 6:34 am
Day 11: It's (almost) all over but the voting, and the two frontrunners in the Palme d'Or race appear to be the quiet, emotional "Amour"...
- By Sharon Waxman on May 25, 2012 @ 4:29 pm
Wrap editor Sharon Waxman and columnist Steve Pond discuss the buzz at the august film festival
- By Steve Pond on May 20, 2012 @ 2:09 pm
Michael Haneke's old-age drama 'Amour' draws rapturous reviews, jumps to the top of bookmakers' lists
- By Steve Pond on April 25, 2012 @ 8:08 am
Diane Kruger, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Andrea Arnold will join Ewan McGregor and Alexander Payne on main competition jury
- By Steve Pond on April 19, 2012 @ 4:02 am
The Cannes Film Festival unveils a lineup long on English-language films, with stars like Brad Pitt, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart
- By Steve Pond on May 11, 2011 @ 2:44 pm
Company makes fifth Cannes purchase with “Poliss,” while sister company IFC Midnight grabs controversial “Snowtown”