There is only one known photo of Finke — until now
- By Lucas Shaw on March 29, 2013 @ 3:28 pm
Penske Media Corporation sued The Hollywood Reporter's parent company in September 2011 for copyright infringement
- By Alexander C. Kaufman on October 18, 2012 @ 3:49 pm
Variety, now owned by Penske Media Corporation, showed publisher Brian Gott the door and promoted Michelle Sobrino-Stearns to publisher
- By Sharon Waxman on October 18, 2012 @ 3:22 pm
The mail brought a letter from Jay Penske on Thursday “a courtesy due to the recent events involving the ‘poaching’ of employees in this industry”...
- By Brent Lang on October 9, 2012 @ 6:25 pm
Industry insiders believe Variety has lost ground but its name may still have value
- By Sharon Waxman on October 9, 2012 @ 12:09 pm
Jay Penske appears to have shut out Nikki Finke from having much to do with Variety — which creates the challenge going forward: owning two...
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on January 31, 2012 @ 4:03 pm
Penske Media Corp., which owns Nikki Finke’s website, is suing the parent company of the Hollywood Reporter over copyright infringement
- By Sharon Waxman on October 1, 2011 @ 2:28 pm
WaxWord will be exposing Finke’s poisonous maneuvers going forward in this space – here’s the latest one
- By Lucas Shaw on September 15, 2011 @ 6:05 pm
Adweek’s editorial director suggests that the New York Post may be “making bread from crumbs” in story reporting that his parent company is seeking a...
Attorneys will have a hard time proving that the Hollywood trade stole content by confirming the news stories her site broke
- By Lucas Shaw on September 14, 2011 @ 6:24 pm
“It is not copyright infringement to report these stories, even if on occasion Deadline.com posts them first”
- By Sharon Waxman on September 14, 2011 @ 2:44 pm
Finke is attempting something that is almost certainly impossible: Stopping reporters from picking up the phone and confirming news that her site has published
- By Lucas Shaw on September 14, 2011 @ 11:25 am
After telling the trade to “f— off” last week, Finke and her parent company have actually filed suit and demanded $5 million
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on July 27, 2011 @ 2:54 pm
The Deadline editor and founder posted a vulgar screed against WME head Ari Emanuel — with whom she’d had good relations
Finke lashes out at Segall, saying she was “ruining the integrity of Deadline” — and made her diabetes worse. Segall denies
- By Dylan Stableford on May 9, 2011 @ 12:22 pm
Nikki Finke-inspired show won’t make it to air, but some dialog makes its way to the Web
- By Brent Lang on April 26, 2011 @ 9:05 am
New York Magazine critic comes to the defense of ousted Movieline writer
- By Dylan Stableford on March 28, 2011 @ 11:42 am
Penske poaches 17-year veteran of paper to cover big media, corporate finance for Nikki Finke
- By Sharon Waxman on February 28, 2011 @ 9:11 pm
“MMC has demonstrably and repeatedly violated my client’s rights, including but not limited to violations of the antitrust laws, as well as unfair competition and...
- By Steve Pond on February 26, 2011 @ 9:36 pm
After website publishes entire lineup of Oscar show, reporter Mike Fleming’s credentials are revoked
- By Sharon Waxman on February 10, 2011 @ 1:11 pm
It’s not even the Deadline founder — after two months in Hollywood, this is the best the iPad-only publication’s entertainment editor has got?
Finke tells Gawker she doesn’t have that lady’s “mouthlines”; we agree
The blogger faces the thing she fears most: a photo, in Rupert Murdoch’s new Daily. Now it’s war
- By Sharon Waxman on February 7, 2011 @ 12:45 pm
In 2005, Finke called HuffPo — which sold on Sunday for $315 million — “the sort of failure that is simply unsurvivable”
- By Sharon Waxman on September 6, 2010 @ 12:18 pm
This is the first time anyone has confused me for Nikki. But is it the last?