The television watchdog organization thinks the graphic sex scene as a perfect example of why cable should unbundle channels
Parents Television Council
Social Media Comes Out in Support of ABC After PTC Charlie Brown, ‘Scandal’ Sex Scene Criticism (Video)By Jason Hughes on November 4, 2014 @ 12:27 am
Annual airing of “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” was almost immediately followed by an opening sex scene on the Shondaland series
- By Jason Hughes on August 19, 2014 @ 10:39 pm
Oh my gosh! It’s full of bumpin, grindin, twerking, bikinis, and Nicki slithering over Drake
- By Jethro Nededog on August 18, 2014 @ 11:11 am
The Parents Television Council wants the cable channel to assure there won’t be “mis-rated sexual content”
- By Tim Kenneally on May 7, 2012 @ 12:30 pm
The Parents Television Council warns former "America's Got Talent" advertisers that they might not want to give more money to the show with Howard Stern...
- By Todd Cunningham on February 5, 2012 @ 8:24 pm
NBC can’t react fast enough to censor obscene gesture from British rocker M.I.A. during Madonna’s halftime show at Super Bowl. Parents Television Council joins chorus...
- By Tim Kenneally on November 2, 2011 @ 12:45 pm
“How can nudity and a striptease in front of 90 million unsuspecting TV viewers not qualify as indecency?” professional scolds ask
- By Tim Kenneally on October 4, 2011 @ 1:02 pm
“We’re pleased that NBC will no longer be airing a program so inherently linked to a pornographic brand,” organization says
Seven advertisers dropped out after the series premiere — but are low ratings or political pressure to blame?
- By Tim Kenneally on August 5, 2011 @ 12:01 pm
“Moment 4 Life” singer’s brief flash sets off shock waves
- By Jake Weinraub on July 27, 2011 @ 11:25 am
Organization’s latest moral crusade targets the upcoming NBC drama, blames Playboy for damaging the American family
- By Tim Kenneally on June 2, 2011 @ 4:08 pm
Singer points out that she’s no parent — and suggests that those who are best not try to hide their kids from society
- By Tim Kenneally on May 24, 2011 @ 6:57 pm
Professional scolds aim their wagging fingers at Rihanna and Britney Spears
- By Tim Kenneally on March 9, 2011 @ 4:30 pm
Media watchdog group goes on the attack against a series that isn’t even airing yet
- By Brent Lang on January 24, 2011 @ 7:00 pm
Analysis: After Rep. Giffords’ shooting, shouldn’t advocacy groups be more concerned with gore than teen partying?
- By Daniel Frankel on November 9, 2010 @ 5:43 pm
Libertarian TV Watch tries to shoot down the socially conservative, formerly high-flying Parents TV Council on the day it releases one of its big finger-wagging...
To promote an age-inconsistent look in a national men’s publication whose readers have a natural tendency to ogle school-age girls is only condoning boorish behavior
- By Josh Dickey on October 20, 2010 @ 4:52 pm
PTC: ‘Glee’ photo shoot in GQ magazine “isn’t for families” because actors play high-school kids