Benedict Cumberbatch-Keira Knightley drama about heroic British cryptologist Alan Turing averages $120,000 in 4 theaters
The Artist News, Movies and Background
- By Steve Pond on November 25, 2014 @ 10:20 am
“Birdman” leads with six nominations; “Boyhood,” “Selma” and “Nightcrawler” land five
- By Steve Pond on October 27, 2014 @ 4:11 pm
Christopher Nolan’s epic has something in common with the rest of this year’s movies: It’s not an obvious winner
Zoe Saldana, Michelle Monaghan, Oscar-Winning Designers Mingle at Academy’s Hollywood Costume Gala (Photos)
Django, Katniss, Rocky and Mary Poppins had a few hundred guests over to party on Wednesday night
Inside amfAR’s Cannes Gala With Leo Dicaprio, the Weinsteins, Justin Bieber and a $15 Million Wooly Mammoth (Photos)
Jessica Chastain admits “I can’t compete with these people on my independent film salary,” while one bouncy producer gloats “I got reverse mugged.”
- By Sasha Stone on May 21, 2014 @ 5:57 am
Cannes review 2014: The director of “The Artist” dives into a serious subject with his drama set in the war in Chechnya
- By Steve Pond on May 13, 2014 @ 11:47 am
“There’s no easy find in Cannes,” Sony Classics co-president Tom Bernard tells TheWrap. “Cannes is like going to a junk auction and trying to find...
- By Steve Pond on April 17, 2014 @ 3:01 am
49 selected films include “Foxcatcher,” “The Homesman” and “Eleanor Rigby,” with 15 female directors and five first-timers
- By Jeff Sneider on April 1, 2014 @ 11:37 am
Blanc/Biehn Prods. is behind Jason DeVan’s thriller, which is in the vein of “Memento” and “Side Effects”
- By Lucas Shaw on March 2, 2014 @ 9:36 pm
The studio behind “Gravity” missed out on Best Picture, but still claimed ten awards
- By Steve Pond on February 28, 2014 @ 2:56 pm
Other awards at the French version of the Oscars go to Roman Polanski, “Broken Circle Breakdown,” Adele Exarchopoulos
Emma Watson, Will Smith, Zac Efron among the four dozen presenters
- By Aviva Kempner on February 18, 2014 @ 6:44 pm
“Next time we go to any major museum in Europe or America today, we will remember that some of the major works may have been...
- By Mikey Glazer on February 18, 2014 @ 2:39 pm
Who’s in charge of the list, and all the key behind-the-scenes power brokers you need to know. Plus, a photo tour through the upcoming Oscar...
- By Todd Cunningham on August 5, 2012 @ 4:00 pm
The audience gets the final say, Chris Rock says. He also says that it is getting tougher to develop cutting-edge comedy without offending someone because...
- By Steve Pond on June 27, 2012 @ 6:50 pm
If you put recent Emmy drama winners up against the Academy Award winners, the results aren’t pretty for Oscar
- By Kimberly Potts on April 30, 2012 @ 9:26 am
A human co-author will transcribe his words for the Gallery Books tome
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on March 11, 2012 @ 12:55 pm
“Salmon Fishing in the Yemen,” “Friends With Kids” and “Footnote” opened strong. “The Artist” crosses the $40 million mark in its 16th week
- By Peter Voskamp on March 7, 2012 @ 11:51 am
Harvey Weinstein passes on a film pitch — it was a spy novel — from President Obama. In Paris, he’s made a member of French...
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on March 4, 2012 @ 12:20 pm
After winning five Oscars, including best picture, “The Artist” takes $3.9 million; Foreign language winner “A Separation” and documentary feature winner “Undefeated” also perform well
- By Steve Pond on February 28, 2012 @ 7:14 pm
From a happy Gary Oldman to unexpectedly great 3D to a dog who wore out his welcome, some indelible awards-season moments
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on February 27, 2012 @ 3:28 pm
The Weinstein Co. stands to gain some $20 million at the box office for “The Artist” following its best picture win. It will be in...
Thomas Langmann, producer of Oscar-winner “The Artist,” learned the value of taking risks and the joy of a challenge as a child on the beaches...
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on February 26, 2012 @ 10:45 pm
The Oscar winning director of “The Artist” called Billy Wilder the perfect director and said he next wants to remake “The Search”
- By Wrap Staff on February 26, 2012 @ 9:52 pm
Winners, analysis, photo galleries — and five things that should have been cut
- By Steve Pond on February 26, 2012 @ 9:14 pm
On a night with a few surprises, “The Artist” withstood a challenge from “Hugo” because Oscar voters thought it was a miracle, not a novelty