Wrap Magazine 2014: Her character in “Big Eyes” may be naïve and timid, but the actress who plays her is certainly not
The Master News, Movies and Background
- By Steve Pond on December 7, 2014 @ 3:58 pm
“I think it’s more important to tell the truth than to impress people with your bravado”
- By Jeff Sneider on October 13, 2014 @ 5:41 pm
Adam Scott and Naomi Scott are producing Chris Kelly’s indie movie “Other People”
- By Jeff Sneider on April 4, 2014 @ 1:02 pm
Sony’s adaptation of R.L. Stine’s book series stars Dylan Minnette (“Prisoners”) and Odeya Rush (“The Giver”)
Larry Ellison Drops $4.5 Million at Paramount USC Cancer Gala Faster Than You Choose ‘Tall’ or ‘Grande’
“My kids are going to take care of me in my old age,” the billionaire philanthropist quips at industry-heavy fundraiser honoring the cancer researcher who...
- By Brent Lang on February 28, 2014 @ 12:52 pm
Cocaine, heroin, benzodiazepines and amphetamine found in his system
Stuart Sauvarin is writing, directing and producing the indie movie through his company Sauvtrac along with Union Entertainment Group
- By Brent Lang on February 10, 2013 @ 6:44 pm
Analysis: In the decade since "The Matrix," film narratives have become more conventional and directors are more interested in mimicking classical cinema than charting film's...
- By Mali Perl on January 6, 2013 @ 1:37 pm
Guest Blog: A movie shouldn't have to make a Big Statement About Humanity, so maybe we should lighten up a little
American Film Institute's list of top 10 films also includes "Silver Linings Playbook," "Life of Pi," "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Django Unchained"
Joaquin Phoenix says he hates the Academy Awards circus — but, hey, everybody hates Oscar campaigning. And he's still likely to get an Oscar nomination
- By Sharon Waxman on October 17, 2012 @ 1:33 pm
Billionaires like Megan Ellison are bringing us films like "The Master" and "Zero Dark Thirty," but that may not be a good thing
- By Todd Cunningham on October 15, 2012 @ 5:28 pm
Despite a record-breaking debut, "The Master" clearly won't make back its $40M budget and marketing costs for Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures at the box office
- By Todd Cunningham on September 29, 2012 @ 8:23 am
Sony's 1-2 punch of animated "Hotel Transylvania" and sci-fi thriller "Looper" gives box-office a much needed boost
- By Todd Cunningham on September 20, 2012 @ 2:57 pm
Relativity's thriller "House at the End of the Street" takes on Clint Eastwood, "Dredd 3D" and "End of Watch" at the box office as "The...
- By Todd Cunningham on September 16, 2012 @ 8:22 am
Paul Thomas Anderson's Scientology-inspired tale "The Master" averages $145,949 for weekend on five screens in NY and LA. With day-and-date VOD, "Arbitrage" take in $2M...
- By Todd Cunningham on September 15, 2012 @ 8:57 am
Paul Thomas Anderson's Scientology-inspired tale "The Master" averages $48,425 Friday in debut on 5 screens in N.Y. and Los Angeles
- By Brent Lang on September 14, 2012 @ 10:25 am
"The Master," a film about a religion with a strong whiff of Scientology, is finding supports from the critics
- By Steve Pond on September 14, 2012 @ 7:22 am
While some Toronto-watchers debate about which festival fave will take home the gold, other films debut to considerably less enthusiasm — sorry, Billy Bob Thornton
- By Todd Cunningham on September 13, 2012 @ 2:46 pm
Disney's re-release of "Nemo" and "Resident Evil: Retribution" are set to power a box-office rebound. "The Master" debuts in five theaters in New York and...
- By Alonso Duralde on September 13, 2012 @ 9:26 am
Watching “The Master,” I found myself impressed with the craftsmanship but strangely disengaged
- By Steve Pond on September 8, 2012 @ 6:59 am
On a day crammed with high-profile premieres, Toronto showcases Ben Affleck's crowd-pleasing "Argo" and Paul Thomas Anderson's tough, weird "The Master"
- By Danielle Paquette on September 7, 2012 @ 6:17 pm
This dark clip from Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master" takes viewers into the shrink's office with Joaquin Phoenix's volatile character, Freddy
- By Steve Pond on September 2, 2012 @ 12:41 pm
Terrence Malick's "To the Wonder" is jeered and praised in Venice, while Joaquin Phoenix angers photographers at the premiere of "The Master"
- By Steve Pond on August 17, 2012 @ 9:40 am
"It's an awesome, crazy mess of a movie," said one viewer after second surprise screening of Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master"
- By C. Molly Smith on August 16, 2012 @ 5:40 pm
Scenes from Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master" investigate the nature of love in new trailer
- By Steve Pond on August 14, 2012 @ 8:10 am
TIFF additions include 70mm presentation of Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master," Spike Lee's Michael Jackson documentary and Lee Daniels' controversial "The Paperboy"