Lionsgate Co-COO Steve Beeks predicts big things for UltraViolet
UltraViolet News, Movies and Background
Almost a year after its dim debut, the cloud-based platform now boasts more than 5 million accounts — thanks to a deal with Walmart
- By Lucas Shaw on September 14, 2012 @ 1:19 pm
'Sushi Girl' will debut on Premium VOD and Ultraviolet before a theatrical run
- By Lucas Shaw on September 12, 2012 @ 12:26 pm
M-GO is a joint venture between DreamWorks and Technicolor
The studios are eager for Apple’s iCloud service to boost movie ownership again, but are they giving too much power to the tech giant?
- By Brent Lang on March 13, 2012 @ 11:49 am
Retailer will begin offering the cloud-based system via Vudu
- By Brent Lang on February 15, 2012 @ 5:54 am
Report says that the industry continues to struggle with declining movie attendance and the rise of digital platforms
- By Brent Lang on February 7, 2012 @ 5:52 pm
The Disney chief Bob Iger told analysts that UltraViolet sales are “not as robust” as expected
- By Brent Lang on February 6, 2012 @ 6:33 pm
People are interested in services like UltraViolet and iCloud, but they are still confused about the benefits of digital rights lockers
- By Brent Lang on January 10, 2012 @ 5:25 pm
Awareness is still low, but more studios and retailers are joining the consortium behind the cloud-based format
- By Brent Lang on October 26, 2011 @ 6:58 pm
The old way of doing business is over, and as more content moves into the stream and the cloud, the industry is getting leaner
- By Brent Lang on October 11, 2011 @ 4:56 pm
Hopes are high, but will the video anywhere platform be enough to shore up the sputtering DVD market?
Three industry executives show how promoting and monetizing content ownership is key to the industry’s future — and explain UltraViolet
- By Brent Lang on September 20, 2011 @ 4:34 pm
EXCLUSIVE: Buyers will be able access the films through any device connected to the cloud-based service
- By Brent Lang on June 26, 2011 @ 8:08 pm
The cloud-based technology is debuting this Fall, but without Apple can the video anywhere platform pull off a miracle?
- By Johnnie L. Roberts on June 5, 2011 @ 7:07 pm
Apple is late again to another dawning realm of digital distribution — but like before, it may well be poised to dominate
- By Sharon Waxman on May 25, 2011 @ 1:52 pm
Will Hollywood leave behind a dying home entertainment model for a more audacious strategy that unlocks the power of the giants of the Internet —...
- By Brent Lang on January 5, 2011 @ 6:40 pm
In the next six months, digital-rights lockers will begin rolling out through members such as Best Buy, Sony and Warner Brothers
- By Brent Lang on July 19, 2010 @ 5:50 pm
Brand, logo and website set for a video-sharing program that allows downloads to play on any device — supported by five studios, cable operators, Microsoft...