The award was established in 1992 to honor a Writers Guild member for his or her body of work as a writer in motion pictures...
- By Steve Pond on December 5, 2014 @ 9:06 am
“Mr. Turner,” “How to Train Your Dragon” among other films that don’t qualify under WGA rules
- By Brent Lang on February 13, 2013 @ 9:31 am
Nora Ephron will be cited for her work on romantic comedies like "Sleepless in Seattle" and "You've Got Mail"
- By Todd Cunningham on January 29, 2013 @ 10:38 am
The screenwriter of "Jurassic Park" and director will receive the career achievement honor at the Writers Guild Awards
- By Todd Cunningham on January 14, 2013 @ 6:56 pm
Thomas S. Cook earned an Oscar nomination for "The China Syndrome" and an Emmy nomination for "The Tuskegee Airmen"
With several top contenders disqualified by WGA rules, the guild opts for a slate that also includes "Looper," "Life of Pi" and "The Master"
- By Todd Cunningham on September 30, 2012 @ 6:53 pm
Once among the highest-profile of Hollywood's labor battles, the guilds have largely taken their fight underground to unionize workers in reality TV
- By Todd Cunningham on September 27, 2012 @ 11:12 am
The money for the donation comes from undistributable funds held by the WGAW’s Foreign Levies Program
Writers Guild of America East reaches first-ever agreements for writer-producers at reality and documentary producers Lion Television and Octomen Productions in New York
- By Todd Cunningham on July 19, 2012 @ 1:38 pm
WGAW and WGAE will host simultaneous ceremonies in New York and Los Angeles
- By Todd Cunningham on June 21, 2012 @ 11:54 am
17 candidates are set to vie for eight open seats on the board of directors of the Writers Guild of America, West, with an election...
- By Steve Pond on January 5, 2012 @ 10:07 am
“Bridesmaids” continues its remarkable run of guild nominations, while “War Horse” and “Extremely Loud” are left out; “The Artist” isn’t eligible
- By Steve Pond on January 4, 2012 @ 10:52 am
Writer-director-producer team will receive Paddy Chayevsky Award; BAFTA votes Martin Scorsese its Academy Fellowship
“While we are encouraged by the strength of our employment in television, we are simultaneously more concerned about the movement in the other direction in...
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on August 24, 2011 @ 12:23 pm
The three-year agreement with CBS in Los Angeles includes increases in minimums and wages, among other items
- By Steve Pond on July 20, 2011 @ 10:34 am
WGA will be the last guild to present awards, one week before the Oscars
Members vote overwhelmingly to support board-selected demands
- By Daniel Frankel on January 26, 2011 @ 12:20 pm
Writers behind Discovery’s “Cash Cab,” MTV’s “Megadrive and other cable reality shows vote to join the Writers Guild of America East
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on January 20, 2011 @ 11:56 am
Emmy Winner Diane English Honored With Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award
- By Daniel Frankel on December 14, 2010 @ 5:43 pm
Scribes for E!, Style and G4 vote by 97 percent majority to join union
- By Daniel Frankel on December 8, 2010 @ 9:52 am
Writers for E!, Style and G4 get boost from their counterparts at NBC Universal