Women and minorites have gained chairs at the TV writing table over the past decade, but remain severely underrepresented
Guest Blog: It's time to put an end to the exploitive use of photographs of women to sell anything and everything
A new report from the Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film shows the number of women directors fluctuated upward in 2012
Kamala D. Harris at Wrap Women Breakfast: We Need an Equal Number of Women and Men at the Table (Video)By Wrap Staff on December 15, 2012 @ 12:41 pm
California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris urges more women to run for political office, and explains why diversity matters in positions of power
- By Sharon Waxman on October 10, 2012 @ 12:18 pm
What can we do to register our pure, searing outrage at the shooting of 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousufzai, shot in the head by a...
- By Brent Lang on September 18, 2012 @ 7:45 am
The number of female show creators and executive producers reached historic highs, according to a study by San Diego State University's Center for the Study...
- By Brent Lang on August 28, 2012 @ 3:20 am
Women represented 39 percent of documentary directors at film festivals, but only 18 percent of the directors of narrative features
- By Brent Lang on May 30, 2012 @ 9:07 am
Representation of women in the op-ed pages of The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and The Wall Street Journal is on the rise
- By Brent Lang on May 15, 2012 @ 1:59 pm
Study from San Diego State University finds that women are less likely to be protagonists in movies and are less likely to be portrayed as...
IOTG at Sundance 2012: Carrie Preston and Kelly Overbey Chat About Dangerous Dildos in ‘That’s What She Said’By Intern on January 26, 2012 @ 10:41 am
ItsontheGrid sat down with the filmmakers from 'That's What She Said'
- By Sharon Waxman on May 13, 2011 @ 9:16 am
Four women directors are screening films in the competition this year — a record, according to festival organizers – and many more are competing in...
We continue to explore the myth that women are congenitally unfunny. Harmon thinks they’re funnier than men
- By Dylan Stableford on March 22, 2011 @ 11:25 am
“Status of Women in News Media” report shows men still dominate newsrooms
- By Sharon Waxman on March 8, 2011 @ 9:48 am
The internet has brought women another quantum leap forward — the web doesn’t stare at your ass
- By Dylan Stableford on March 7, 2011 @ 1:47 pm
Editor talks about redesigned newsweekly with the ladies of “The View”
- By Joshua L. Weinstein on January 31, 2011 @ 5:43 pm
How bad is it? “Twilight” director Catherine Hardwicke says she couldn’t even get a meeting to direct “The Fighter.”
- By Sharon Waxman on November 17, 2010 @ 10:57 pm
Lisa Cholodenko shot Bening, 52, in the glory of her middle years, which feels like something brave and new
- By Sharon Waxman on November 3, 2010 @ 11:37 am
What do most of the awards-season favorites have in common? No female characters of any great consequence — if any women at all
- By John Consoli on September 27, 2010 @ 8:39 pm
The think tank of top women executives from inside and outside NBCU will introduce “Brand Power Index”
- By Daniel Frankel on July 20, 2010 @ 1:16 pm
Actress named to the California’s Commission on the Status of Women
- By Lisa Horowitz on February 16, 2010 @ 10:11 am
Women writers dropped dramatically; number of female directors same as 1987