A new “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey” appears on the GOP’s website, as well as President Trump’s own site. It essentially asks Americans to chime in on what administration keeps referring to as “the opposition party” — in other words, the media.
The survey refers to Trump’s administration as a “movement,” and starts by asking, “Do you believe that the mainstream media has reported unfairly on our movement?”
MSNBC, CNN and Fox News each have their own dedicated question, with the survey asking if they are trusted when it comes to Trump coverage.
While the entire 25-question survey is decidedly odd, some might argue it’s also loaded. Check out the 11 weirdest questions from it that we’ve selected:
- Do you believe that the mainstream media does not do their due diligence fact-checking before publishing stories on the Trump administration?
- Do you believe that the media creates false feuds within our Party in order to make us seem divided?
- Do you believe that the media unfairly reported on President Trump’s executive order temporarily restricting people entering our country from nations compromised by radical Islamic terrorism?
- Were you aware that a poll was released revealing that a majority of Americans actually supported President Trump’s temporary restriction executive order?
- Do you believe that political correctness has created biased news coverage on both illegal immigration and radical Islamic terrorism?
- Do you believe that contrary to what the media says, raising taxes does not create jobs?
- Do you believe that the media has been far too quick to spread false stories about our movement?
- Do you believe that the media uses slurs rather than facts to attack conservative stances on issues like border control, religious liberties, and ObamaCare?
- Do you believe that the media purposely tries to divide Republicans against each other in order to help elect Democrats?
- Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?
- Do you believe that our Party should spend more time and resources holding the mainstream media accountable?
Now, do you believe this survey is truly bizarre? Let us know what you think in the comments or tweet @TheWrap.