The "30 Rock" star had a run-in with New York Daily News photographer Marcus Santos on Tuesday
Alec Baldwin has had another scuffle with the media.
The "30 Rock" star had a run-in with New York Daily News photographer Marcus Santos on Tuesday, roughing up Santos after he took Baldwin's picture outside of the Marriage License Bureau in New York.
According to the paper, Baldwin punched Santos on the chin during the altercation.
“He was looking mad,” the photographer told the paper. “He said, ‘Step back, step back.’ I said, ‘We’re moving back.’”
However, according to Santos, the actor's feathers remained ruffled, and the run-in escalated to a physical level.
“He comes after me, starts shoving and punching me — one time, right in the chin," Santos said. "And then he started shoving me, and pushing me. Then he goes the other way.”
Baldwin's spokesman denies that Baldwin punched anybody, and maintains that any physical contact on Baldwin's part took place in self-defense.
"As Alec and his fiancée were leaving City Hall, a 'civilian' walking in front of Alec positioned himself to obstruct the view of a photographer aggressively trying to shoot the couple," the representative said. "The photographer was clearly frustrated, pushed past the bystander and assaulted Alec with his camera. There were no punches thrown, and any subsequent physical contact was simply Alec protecting himself."
However, Baldwin clearly gave the photographer a solid thumping on Twitter later on, suggesting that Santos and his ilk should be "waterboarded."
"A 'photographer' almost hit me in the face with his camera this morning," Baldwin tweeted, adding the hashtag, "#allpaparazzishouldbewaterboarded."
Baldwin also made reference to the Trayvon Martin shooting, tweeting, "I suppose if the offending paparazzi was wearing a hoodie and I shot him, it would all blow over … "
The famously argumentative Baldwin, who recently has had high-profile beefs with everyone from Harvey Weinstein to American Airlines, brawled with the New York Daily News earlier this year. The actor chastised the publication via Twitter in April, after two reporters from the paper showed up at the yoga studio co-owned by his fiancée, 28-year-old Hilaria Thomas.
“Shame on the no-talent trash from the Daily News for invading the privacy of 75 people in a yoga class to take a picture of someone,” Baldwin wrote at the time.