"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has been moved to a regular room and is completing medical tests after this weekend's heart attack
Don't worry; Alex Trebek will be listening to contestants answer in the form of a question again shortly.
"Jeopardy!" host Trebek is "in good spirits" and on the mend after suffering a heart attack on Saturday, a spokeswoman from Sony Pictures Television said on Monday. And while the 71-year-old game-show icon is still hospitalized, he has been transferred to a regular room at the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute in Los Angeles.
"Alex is up and about and in good spirits while doctors complete their testing at Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute," the spokeswoman said. "He has been moved to a regular room today and looks forward to returning home as soon as his doctors give their approval."
As reported on Sunday, Trebek is expected to be back on the set when production begins on the next season of "Jeopardy!" in July.
Trebek, who has been hosting "Jeopardy!" since 1984, said last month that he's considering retiring from the game show after his 30th season as host. Trebek told Fox News' Chris Wallace that he may spend his remaining years doing charity work.